Loading GPS coordinates as points coming in very small.

TheGermanGoose

Hi,

I'm new to Civil 3D and I'm trying to add coordinates from a GPS tracker to my drawing.  I have been following a Link to Video on YouTube to do this but my scale seems to be wrong.  I have attached the .csv file with the coordinates that I'm using these came from Garmin base camp.  The .dwg file is what is pulled into the drawing.  The .kml files is from google earth and I seem to be having the same issue with it.  I have used converters online to change the klm to dxf but it is still scaled very small.

I'm not sure if I have set up the drawing wrong in civil 3d or the coordinates are scaled.

As a reference the distance between point 054 and 055 should be around 150 meters or 0.15 kilometres.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DISTRIBUCIÓN DESDE LOS TANQUES.kml MASHUTAK.csv MASHUTAK.dwg

You could start by checking the unit configuration in your drawing. If you're trying to put centimeters in a meter-sized drawing, for instance, the objects won't scale properly. Use the UNITS command.

To use the CSV file of Longitudes and Latitudes you must assign your drawing a Projected Coordinate System, like UTM84-18S, and then create a Point File Format that will recognize the Lats and Longs.
Dave

PtFileFormat_1.png

PtFileFormat_2.png

• Like 1