ADVICE NEEDED

Subidoooo

Hi Guys

I have a .dwt with all of my custom blocks, leaderstyles, dimstyles and textstyles. i have allot of custom  lisp files that generates custom styles and leaders using my styles that i have set up in my .dwt file. I have found that if i work on a drawing from another person and i want to use my "custom" lisp commands i have to drag in my styles via design center. is there a way of adding these styles automatically from my .dwt into the current drawing via lisp? then i can just edit my lisp files to include this instead of dragging in styles from my own template file?

1 hour ago, Tharwat said:

One way is to use INSERT command to import your drawing into the current open one.

this is what i am currently doing, but just checking if there might be a controlled manner where only specific items are imported

I use a terrific program by Lee Mac. I use command buttons for the different options. Look at Iee-mac.com/steal.html.

I think this will do exactly what you want.

• Agree 1

Like jerry look at Lee-mac Steal.lsp you can run it programmatically so no user input.

(if (not Steal)(load "StealV1-8"))
(steal "nameof dwg" list-of-items-to-steal)

Edited by BIGAL

I might be late to the party here, but for styles - dimensions, texts, leaders and so on I would make up a LISP for each style you you, say "My Font" "My Clients Font" and so on. These should be very small LISPS, and quick to load, then either load them using the start-up suit, or my preference would be to run them as you execute each of your custom LISPS. So for example you work for client 1, run one of your LISPS and only fonts they want to see would be loaded, instead of say "My Other Client Font" as well (some people are odd about other clients knowing you are working for each other you see). Rather than a global 'steal' and grabbing everything. One advantage of this is that if the style is updated you can run the LISP and the style will update with it in the drawing keeping it up to date.

Note of course this would also work using Steal and specify with each LISP which styles to steal and from there. One issue here might be if the file system, or location changes at all - in my current company I have had USB drives with styles (access now denied), C drive (or X, Y, Z), and various online virtual drives. If done with LISP you just need to update the trusted fuiles location once and you get them all.

For blocks Steal as above or again custom LISP for each, set up a file for each block and a LISP for each, say "My Clients Door" which will insert My Clients Door in the drawing. You could even go as far for simple blocks to save the block geometry as a LISP, and again saved in a trusted location, insert in the first instance using a LISP (I do that with my most common blocks, far quicker than the insert command route)

Anyway that is how I would go, define the styles in LISP and call that LISP in each custom LISP. Blocks I might go with a LISP and INSERT