Layer Change Routine

njmike

I am assuming you mean something like a layer merge?

I.e. changing everything from one layer to another?

if so, express tools has laymrg (in earlier versions), and I think this command is incorporated into later versions of ACAD.

I had an old routine that would change the layers so that different sheets could be displayed. I am xrefing the walls, but need to have a routine to change the layers in the drawings to show different elements of the drawing. For example one for construction, then electrical and the mechanical.

I've done that, you probably want to have a shortcut for electrical, one for mechanical, etc. Right?

Do you just need the layers to be switched on/off temporarily as needed in model space, or frozen/thawed permanently in either sheet files or viewports?

I just want the layers to turn on/off freeze/thaw etc for the different sheets. I am using model space exclusively and drawing everything at full scale.

Perhaps this is easily accomplished using macros rather than LISP?

If you are drafting using a template or are using standard layers for every drawing, then there should be a problem using a macro containing the layer name :)

Perhaps use wildcard matching on the layers if this makes things easier... using an asterisk in the layer name.