Blocks and mirroring, blocks and data extraction

toberino

Okay. To start out. I've been out of the game for a few years but now I'm back. And I have questions. I'm going to start out with just by listing the two questions that I have and then wait for the conversation to begin. In past, my interactions and conversations have always turned out good.

1. Autodesk still has not provided a solution for mirroring blocks with dimensions and text? I have been forced to mirror all of my geometry and then go back through and mirror (to unmirror) my blocks. I am just curious if there is a solution for this or if anybody has some slick list routine that takes the pain away from having to do this. Maybe somebody has developed a mirror command that actually doesn't mirror the block but just mirrors the distribution of the location of the blocks...

2. I have inserted into my blocks a field to produce the square footage of hatching that resides in the blocks and when I utilize the data extraction tool, I'm not presented with the area for the hatching or the field for the square foot. I have to imagine that I'm doing something wrong there, but I'm really not sure what is set up incorrectly.

Okay so there are my two questions. I do apologize if there are topics created or solutions for these exact items, but I was unable to locate anything. I've spent a better part of 2 days working through this and more hours spent on problem solving than I'd like to admit.

I had to run out and grab the kids but I can produce drawings if necessary soon as I get back to the desk. 

Thank you and I appreciate everybody's time that can help me out.

Nate

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so to answer my first question, kind of,  I have found the the flip center routine that has somewhat eliminated the routine redundancy of the mirror command but I am curious if anyone has evolved this to make it possible to select multiple blocks and flip them on their own centers exactly the way the this flip center command does? During my research I am finding that there are a lot of similar requests and a lot of different posts on different forums but they all seem to dead end and not have a solution. I would love to hear if someone has discovered anything or has another solution that maybe I am not considering.

image.thumb.png.bf0df1f92b4a5d79ead17d9c23216a73.png

flipcen.vlx