Autocad 3D planes

Emboss 2014

when i draw on model space for 3D modeling, i have a hard time understanding which side of plane that i am working on?  Do you use the view cube on top right or USC coordinate to indicate the plane?

sorry i am begginer in 3D autocad.

Thanks

You use VIEW command, View Manager dialog box opens, Preset Views (you can use the Ribbon to open View Manager as well). There is also a toolbar, View. 

I use:

Top left of Modelspace and a Viewport, [-][Top][2D Wireframe], click on Top (or whatever is there at the time) for a dropdown for other views. Click on the - and 2D Wireframe for options as well.

For not preset views I use Orbit, sometimes the Cube. I often consider writing some code to use the numpad like some 3D programs.

Using vpoint is another way, you can make some lisp short cuts, then save the UCS set can then change to any view you want.

(defun c:vp3 ()
  (command "vpoint" "-1,-1,1")
)

(if (= look "R")(command-s "-vpoint" "1,0,0"))
(if (= look "L")(command-s "-vpoint" "-1,0,0"))
(if (= look "F")(command-s "-vpoint" "0,-1,0"))
(if (= look "B")(command-s "-vpoint" "0,1,0"))
(if (= look "P")(command-s "-vpoint" "0,0,1"))

That would be very helpful.  How can I do that?  Do I use the codes above to set ?  I have never done.   Thank you Bigal 

What I posted is sample lisp code, you could make some defuns eg

(defun c:right ()(command "vpoint" "1,0,0"))

So you need to load say a lisp containing all teh short cuts on start up the if you type RIGHT it will set direction. 

Or can have it in a POP menu, toolbar or even a ribbon. 

On 4/25/2024 at 12:28 PM, Emboss 2014 said:

when i draw on model space for 3D modeling, i have a hard time understanding which side of plane that i am working on?  Do you use the view cube on top right or USC coordinate to indicate the plane?

sorry i am begginer in 3D autocad.

Thanks

As mentioned previously, there are several ways to select preset views or even create your own view presets.

Views.jpg