Displaying xyz of a point?

colingra

Hi does anyone know how to display the xyz of a point on autcad lt 2008. Tried the ordinate command but only get to display x or y.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tiger

• lpseifert

• gnanapaul

• colingra

LT not have VBA then? Always wondered what the big difference was besides some plotting and hatching problems.

I have on my USB stick at home, though to be fair that's for blocks, but its just as easy to do it with any entity, it's not that many lines of code, handful really :)

The big difference between Full ACAD and ACAD LT is that LT does not support VBA, Lisp or any such customization.

Before the OP comes back with more info, who knows what will work.

I can list and id points but I need to display on the drawing in text format the xyz. Seem to come to a dead end with this on LT.

I can list and id points but I need to display on the drawing in text format the xyz. Seem to come to a dead end with this on LT.

yeah, the only solution I have is a Lisp that does this exact thing, but unfortunatly that's not available in LT. :(

Hi does anyone know how to display the xyz of a point on autcad lt 2008. Tried the ordinate command but only get to display x or y.

I am sure this could be done in Diesel but I am not experienced with that language. You might ask in a customization group or in a strictly LT group if someone has already done this, or knows how.

• 7 months later...

I am also trying to get x,y points of selected circles from outside autocad LT 2010. Please help me. If you have VBA sample source code please send me.

As explained before, AutoCAD LT will not run VBA. I am afraid your options are limited to List and ID. Set Osnap to Center, enter ID and pick the first circle. Press Enter or Space to repeat the command and select the next circle.... repeat these steps until the last circle is selected, press F2 and copy the relevant part of the command history. Paste in a word processor and edit until you have only the centers.

Hi...

Thanks for your help. i have already tried in your way. Is there any otherway to get whole selected points?

Please help me. Its very urgent...