indiancad Posted September 22 Posted September 22 Have you ever combined several 3D solids with UNION, only to find that editing one particular part later becomes difficult? Once separate solids are united, AutoCAD treats them as a single 3D solid. If you still need to modify individual components, I prefer keeping the original solids or using SLICE when I need to separate a specific portion. For complex models, combining everything too early can make later changes harder. How do you usually manage 3D solids when you know the model will need revisions later? Quote
lrm Posted September 23 Posted September 23 Unlike some solid modelers, AutoCAD does not readily provide the ability to go back and edit the primitives and olther solids that were used in Boolean operations. The command SOLIDEDIT provides some feature for editing a solid. Familiarize yourself with the command and its features. Alternatively, I often use explode and then do some edit making sure I continue to define a closed (watertight) shape so I can then use SURFSCULPT to make the model solid. Quote
indiancad Posted 35 minutes ago Author Posted 35 minutes ago On 9/23/2026 at 6:37 AM, lrm said: Unlike some solid modelers, AutoCAD does not readily provide the ability to go back and edit the primitives and olther solids that were used in Boolean operations. The command SOLIDEDIT provides some feature for editing a solid. Familiarize yourself with the command and its features. Alternatively, I often use explode and then do some edit making sure I continue to define a closed (watertight) shape so I can then use SURFSCULPT to make the model solid. AutoCADarticles You're so welcome! It’s one of those things where having a few different workflows in your back pocket makes a huge difference, especially when a Boolean operation doesn't quite give you what you expected. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.