indiancad Posted Wednesday at 06:40 AM Posted Wednesday at 06:40 AM When modelling a small part, I sometimes find that adding every tiny feature makes the model harder to edit. For example, small grooves or holes may not be important for the final view. I usually add only the details that are needed for manufacturing or presentation. How do you decide which details to model and which to leave out? Quote
SLW210 Posted Wednesday at 10:39 AM Posted Wednesday at 10:39 AM If the part has small holes or grooves wouldn't they need to be included for manufacturing? Presentation could be different, though usually I would want all of the details, if it's hard to modify you may need to look into upgrading your computer, etc. Are you ever going to reply to any of your posts? You are starting to look like a bot. Quote
indiancad Posted 35 minutes ago Author Posted 35 minutes ago On 9/30/2026 at 4:09 PM, SLW210 said: If the part has small holes or grooves wouldn't they need to be included for manufacturing? Presentation could be different, though usually I would want all of the details, if it's hard to modify you may need to look into upgrading your computer, etc. ComputerHardware Are you ever going to reply to any of your posts? You are starting to look like a bot. I understand your point. I can see that my posts have been repetitive in style, and I apologise for that. I'll take more care to contribute genuine experiences and useful technical information rather than creating similar discussions. Thank you for the feedback. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.