Alexman Posted yesterday at 09:23 PM Posted yesterday at 09:23 PM Hi! There is a form that cannot be made, I tried to use various approaches, but solidworks in any case creates a form with a distorted surface. I’ve probably tried all possible options, except for the one that works, and it already seems to me that this form cannot be created in solidworks, it’s just funny, but in fact it cannot be done even if I wanted to. I will attach two files: v1 is an example of the required surface from the point of view of the absence of defects. v2 is a frame of a shape that cannot be made even. Just please understand correctly the v2 frame does not pretend to be the form from it; I made it in order to convey an understanding of what form is needed. v1.SLDPRT v2.SLDPRT Quote
SLW210 Posted 9 hours ago Posted 9 hours ago I am not exactly sure what your question is about, are you trying to create something similar to what's in V1? It seems to be something like the roof or hood of an automobile, is that correct? Are trying to freehand this or is there a sketch you started with? It would help to list the approaches you have tried so far. How long have you been using Solidworks? Here is a YouTube video for a Mini Cooper, this starts on #12 for the roof... How to make car roof in SolidWorks | Part 12 (Mini Cooper)| Modelling car roof Quote
Alexman Posted 6 hours ago Author Posted 6 hours ago Yes, that's right, in this case it's a car roof that needs to be made without defects. I have been using Solidworks relatively recently, I am not a professional, but I am interested in 3D modeling and I want to develop in this. I decided to contact the forum because this is not the first time I have encountered the problem of creating and controlling just such a form (examples p1.jpg, p2.jpg) and I have not been able to understand how such a form can be made without defects. In this case, the roof has a shape: D1.jpg, mesh v2.The SLDPRT is based on this drawing, but as I now understand it, this construction approach is not correct. The video presents how I understand polygonal modeling. I would like to understand how this form can be done in the classic Solidworks approach Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.