indiancad Posted Tuesday at 12:33 PM Posted Tuesday at 12:33 PM For simple mechanical parts, starting with a 3D solid is usually straightforward. But for parts with complex curved geometry, I sometimes find it cleaner to build the shape as surfaces first and then convert/thicken the result into a solid. The advantage is that the surface geometry can be controlled independently before committing to the final solid form. I’m curious how others approach this: For complex curved parts, do you prefer a solid-first or surface-first workflow—and why? Quote
SLW210 Posted yesterday at 12:03 PM Posted yesterday at 12:03 PM I normally start with a 2D shape, extrude, sweep, presspull. revolve, et al. Quote
ReMark Posted 47 minutes ago Posted 47 minutes ago 23 hours ago, SLW210 said: I normally start with a 2D shape, extrude, sweep, presspull. revolve, et al. I followed this method as well. I avoid using surfaces whenever possible due to problems (sometimes) with converting them to solids. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.