PDA

View Full Version : Convert DWG into IGS?

Spiderguy
10th Mar 2009, 01:59 pm
Hello,

I was hoping that someone would be kind enough to download these 2 DWG files and convert them into IGS files. I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

Matt Hamby

SEANT
10th Mar 2009, 10:19 pm
Converted via AutoCAD Mechanical 2009.

Spiderguy
12th Mar 2009, 04:56 pm
Thanks, I do appreciate it greately!

Matt

bhamarsd
12th May 2009, 12:00 am
Hi..

I am trying to achieve the same translation. Unable to do so using Autocad 2008. Can you please describe the way you achieved this?

thanks a lot !!

SEANT
12th May 2009, 12:16 am
Mechanical, one of the vertical products based on AutoCAD, comes with an IGES exporter. The feature is not available in vanilla AutoCAD.

If it is a one-time translation, post it here. Enough of us have the vertical and will translate it for you.

bhamarsd
12th May 2009, 12:22 am
Thanks a lot :) I have attached 2 zip files. Unfortunately there size is huge compared to the limit here:(
Can I get your email ID so that i can email you them?

Thaking you again,

SEANT
12th May 2009, 12:51 am
From your User Control Panel, enable “Receive Email from Other Members”.

bhamarsd
12th May 2009, 12:58 am
HI.. I just made it on..

Thanks for your patience and help..

I appreciate it .

SEANT
12th May 2009, 01:08 am
See email message.

GGreen
23rd Aug 2009, 06:40 pm
Hi Seant,
I have 2 .dwg files that I have been trying to convert to .iges, I have been looking for a converter online but cannot find anything. Would it be possible for you to please covert 2 files for me?
Thank you very much
Gus

kencaz
23rd Aug 2009, 06:57 pm
SEANT: your gonna have to start charging for this service...!!!

KC

SEANT
24th Aug 2009, 08:31 am
SEANT: your gonna have to start charging for this service...!!!

KC

Hey, no doubt. Maybe when Mechanical fails to bring a return on investment in it's primary role. In the mean time, post the files and I'll see what I can do.

Hi Seant,
I have 2 .dwg files that I have been trying to convert to .iges, I have been looking for a converter online but cannot find anything. Would it be possible for you to please covert 2 files for me?
Thank you very much
Gus

hfcowboy
30th Oct 2009, 07:45 pm
Seant, if you still don't mind converting files from dwg to igs, I have a couple I need converted.

I would really appreciate it and just to be clear is there nothing other than mechanical desktop (I was also told inventor) that will creat igs files?

SEANT
1st Nov 2009, 06:58 pm
Actually, a lot of applications will handle IGES files. Vanilla AutoCAD, unfortunately, does not.

hfcowboy
2nd Nov 2009, 02:22 pm
Thanks a bunch Seant! Really do appreciate it.

behzadm18
14th Nov 2009, 03:47 pm
Hello,
I would be grateful if someone can convert the attached file from .dwg to .igs
it will help me a lot.
many thanks.

Coosbaylumber
14th Nov 2009, 04:20 pm
Actually, a lot of applications will handle IGES files. Vanilla AutoCAD, unfortunately, does not.

I found the basic problem was at Initial loading of Autocad. As I remember, there are three choices. Tutorial or basic, Full, and Custom. If you choose Custom as I do often, then along the way it will ask what filters to load? IGES is just one of them. Cannot go back and load it in separately.

Wm.

SEANT
15th Nov 2009, 12:31 pm
If I recall correctly, igesin and igesout were available to AutoCAD 14, and maybe even 2000, but were dropped from standard AutoCAD after that (possibly as another incentive to promote vertical sales). I can’t confirm that, however. My last few install have been Mechanical, and that definitely has those commands available.

With regard to this latest translation request, my system is incapable of processing that “zip” file. You will have to repost it.

With regard to future translation requests (and only speaking for myself): I’ll only assist with a request from members with 10 or more posts (look back through this thread to understand the reasoning). I think if someone needs a favor they should be willing to hang around a while.

Cad64
15th Nov 2009, 04:05 pm
If I recall correctly, igesin and igesout were available to AutoCAD 14, and maybe even 2000, but were dropped from standard AutoCAD after that (possibly as another incentive to promote vertical sales). I can’t confirm that, however. My last few install have been Mechanical, and that definitely has those commands available.

That is correct. The igesin/igesout function was removed from Autocad a long, long time ago.

With regard to future translation requests (and only speaking for myself): I’ll only assist with a request from members with 10 or more posts (look back through this thread to understand the reasoning). I think if someone needs a favor they should be willing to hang around a while.

Great idea. :thumbsup:

Thiago Bressani
11th Jan 2012, 09:22 pm
Hi Seant,

Please, there is a possibility you convert a file .dwg to an IGES file? I've been trying without success.

Thank you!

Thiago

SLW210
11th Jan 2012, 09:47 pm
Hi Seant,

Please, there is a possibility you convert a file .dwg to an IGES file? I've been trying without success.

Thank you!

Thiago

I would be inclined to do the same. Browse the forum and provide 10 good answers to some questions.

JD Mather
11th Jan 2012, 09:50 pm
That is correct. The igesin/igesout function was removed from Autocad a long, long time ago.

IGES translation was added back to vanilla AutoCAD 2012.
now export

AutoCAD 2012 will import a whole host of filetypes and export many more than it used to in 2011.

Also FREE Inventor Fusion will do translations http://labs.autodesk.com

Thiago Bressani
17th Jan 2012, 09:17 pm
Thanks JD mather.

I downloaded the Inventor Fusion and i'm still trying to do the translation.

I need the geometry in IGES extension, because I will put it in a fluid dynamic model.

Regards.

JD Mather
17th Jan 2012, 10:03 pm
...i'm still trying to do the translation...

File>Save as (Save as type: (*.igs)
What problem are you experiencing?

Thiago Bressani
18th Jan 2012, 09:00 pm
The purpose of this translation is to use geometry in a computacional fluid dynamic model (Ansys Package). So, the Ansys don't recognize the drawing because the scale was too large to display.

I found the solution using Rhino.

Thanks a lot!!

JD Mather
18th Jan 2012, 09:22 pm
What units did you have set?
Is the geometry is the geometry - but you have to have the correct units (size).

Brent Rodman
20th Jan 2012, 07:43 pm
Can you convert these dwgs to igs?
thanks

Cad64
20th Jan 2012, 09:14 pm
Can you convert these dwgs to igs?
thanks

Also FREE Inventor Fusion will do translations http://labs.autodesk.com

Perhaps it's time to close this thread?

Jack_O'neill
20th Jan 2012, 09:32 pm
Perhaps it's time to close this thread?

And cut off all this free labor? What are you, some sort of anarchist?

Cad64
20th Jan 2012, 09:38 pm
That's Mr. Anarchist to you. :danger:

:rofl: