Convert DWG into IGS?

Spiderguy

Hi Seant,

Please, there is a possibility you convert a file .dwg to an IGES file? I've been trying without success.

Thank you!

Thiago

With regard to future translation requests (and only speaking for myself): I’ll only assist with a request from members with 10 or more posts (look back through this thread to understand the reasoning). I think if someone needs a favor they should be willing to hang around a while.

I would be inclined to do the same. Browse the forum and provide 10 good answers to some questions.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SEANT

• Cad64

• bhamarsd

• Thiago Bressani

That is correct. The igesin/igesout function was removed from Autocad a long, long time ago.

IGES translation was added back to vanilla AutoCAD 2012.

now export

AutoCAD 2012 will import a whole host of filetypes and export many more than it used to in 2011.

Also FREE Inventor Fusion will do translations http://labs.autodesk.com

Thanks JD mather.

I downloaded the Inventor Fusion and i'm still trying to do the translation.

I need the geometry in IGES extension, because I will put it in a fluid dynamic model.

Regards.

The purpose of this translation is to use geometry in a computacional fluid dynamic model (Ansys Package). So, the Ansys don't recognize the drawing because the scale was too large to display.

I found the solution using Rhino.

Thanks a lot!!

Can you convert these dwgs to igs?

thanks

[ATTACH]32431[/ATTACH][ATTACH]32430[/ATTACH]

With regard to future translation requests (and only speaking for myself): I’ll only assist with a request from members with 10 or more posts (look back through this thread to understand the reasoning). I think if someone needs a favor they should be willing to hang around a while.

Also FREE Inventor Fusion will do translations http://labs.autodesk.com

Perhaps it's time to close this thread?