View Full Version : Microstation V8 XM Raster Rotation & Affinity
27th Sep 2010, 06:06 pm
I was just upgraded to XM for V8. In V8 there was a check box to select/de-select apply raster rotation & affinity. In the new XM version I'm unable to find this button and I can't edit my image without changing the setting. Any ideas where I find that option?
27th Sep 2010, 07:37 pm
In the Raster Manager dialog double click the file name the Element Info dialog will appear.
Expand the Display Print section.
Set the Raster Rotation to Display Rotation.
I think this is what you are looking for if it isn't let me know.
27th Sep 2010, 08:25 pm
I don't believe that is it. I have seen that setting and changed it a couple times, but it didn't seem to let me edit the image still. Any other ideas? Maybe it is a combination of a couple settings? I don't know. The image that I attached says it is set to on, so I'm assuming it is just an on/off thing somewhere. Just haven't had any luck finding it yet.
27th Sep 2010, 09:12 pm
Lakerz24, you are right there seems to be another setting that can effect the raster display. In the Element Info dialog expand the Extended Settings and set View Dependent to View Dependent.
Hope this is it,
27th Sep 2010, 09:32 pm
No luck with that either. The only setting i can see that is different than what your image shows is clip... and that obviously isn't going to be the problem. Thanks for trying to help me out by the way... you got anything else?
27th Sep 2010, 09:39 pm
Hmmm... What version of XM are you running. I am using 08.09.04.51
Start from scratch. Detach and reattach the image then try again.
Does this happen in all the files or just this particular file?
27th Sep 2010, 09:49 pm
I'm using version 08.09.04.88. I believe someone else started these drawings and attached them when they were on their own person computer I think so the link is a little screwy. So I detach and reattach where it should be getting the image from. I just recently got upgraded, so all the files I touched before the upgrade work fine, but new drawings that are takin out of our originals folder are the ones giving me this issue it seems.
27th Sep 2010, 09:52 pm
Haha, nevermind it looks as though you have solved my problems. I was looking at the View Dependent option and must have just quickly glanced and thought I had that setting right. I just changed that though and it seems to be working now. Thanks for all your help!
28th Sep 2010, 02:10 am
Glad I could help.
Powered by vBulletin™ Version 4.1.2 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.