Extrusion Direction z= -1 on Polylines

SaliKatt

Hi, I have several dwg files that have polyline objects that have the following statement when using the list command:

"Extrusion direction relative to UCS: X= 0.00 Y= 0.00 Z= -1.00"

The elevation is 0 in the line properties.

I'm using the dwg file as background in a another software and unfortunately it does not display the lines with the -1 value.

I'm using the mirror3d (object) command around itself to do it manually in ACAD, is there any way to find all this polylines using VBA. I have tried to search the properties of polylines but could not find any extrusion directions.

It sounds like you are looking at the line(s) along the axis of the line itself. If you rotate the UCS around the X or Y axis 90 degrees you will see the true length of the line.

Thx for reply,

But the change of UCS does not change the result of the list command. And the line apears correctly in ACAD in UCS=world.

I have attched an example.

-kl

Drawing1.dwg

Extrusion Direction is the same a Normal. So, if using VBA then:

varNormal = entLWPoly.Normal

If varNormal(2) = -1 Then

etc.

If you want to find them from the Autocad screen then a filter set up as shown below will automatically select all polylines with normals not aligned to the positive Z axis.

Filter.jpg

seant,

Thanks, i didn't know about the filter command. Really nice feature. But I could not use -1 as a filter for the Z value, but I got around it using NOT.

The VBA also works to get all relevant objects in the selection set. Now it's just to play around a bit with the mirror3d function (in VBA) to I get it right.

Kduk63,

Yes, when I played with the UCS i eliminated the z=-1 value, but as the external software is reading WCS it did not really helped. But thanks anyway.

For your info the file is actually saved as a dwg by microstation, i think thats why I get the z=-1 value on some of the polylines.

I'm in the learning phase of VBA in ACAD so I could need some help with the VBA equal to the mirror3d object (not by point)

-kl

FIlter.gif

seant,

But I could not use -1 as a filter for the Z value, but I got around it using NOT.

I couldn't either. I had to do the same but with != (not equal to).

Specific questions about VBA are usually answered quickly by this site's numerous VB gurus.

• 3 years later...

I had to solve this problem in drawings coming from microstation/dgn format.

A lot of arcs and polylines had this and couldn't be joined.

I solved this problem with a simple Lisp routine.:shock:

(defun c:swap()

(setq f1 (ssget "_x" '((210 0.0 0.0 -1.0))))

(if (/= f1 nil)

(command "_mirror3d" f1 "" "xy" "0,0,0" "y")

)

(setq f1 nil)

)

Marco

Edited by macchi
  • Like 1

• 12 years later...