Text Rotating 270' every time I edit??!!!

NeilGTi85

Now it affects new drawings as well? That's very odd indeed.

Would you still be violating your contract if you erased all the linework and saved an "empty" drawing? As long as you do not change any of the parameters regarding text someone else could still tinker with it.

I could send a new blank drawing.....who wants to take alook? :lol:

Cheers

Neil

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NeilGTi85

• ReMark

• rustysilo

• Dipali

I have just found that instead of double clicking the mtext to edit it, if i go to modify - object - text.....it does not rotate!! :unsure:

Whats going on?? It must be something to do with double clicking Mtext

Neil

• 9 months later...

Did you ever figure out what was causing this? I just recently got AutoCAD2008 Educational Edition for my laptop and it is doing the same thing to me. I have used it previously, but this is the first time I am setting up a whole new drawing, and thereby going in and making all the option settings that I have when I use regular AutoCAD 2008 on the non-laptop.

I will use your fix for now, but this could get annoying!

If all else fails, maybe try contacting Autodesk for help? But I noticed this thread is very old so you probably have the assignment done by now.

I'm wondering why foxbyrd bumped this 9 month old thread lol.

Good luck.

I also had this problem with the text when I first installed the AutoCad 2008 in sept of 08.

I ended up deleating the profile's, repairing the installation with the add remove programs.

Options menu then re-created a new profile. This worked for me not sure what was causing the problem. I alos had other issues and this solved them also. So for me it was a case of EUS.:oops:

• 1 month later...

Just to bump this thread agian!

I am still having the same trouble, no breakthrough's on how to stop it.

It looks like a new profile set-up is required....

Neil

Breakthrough....only after 10 mins of posting ^^^^^

From Lynn Allen's Blog:

"

Last week at Disney one of the attendees asked me if there was a way to get the old MTEXT editor back and I drew a blank...I knew it was possible but couldn't remember the system variable. I dusted off my brain and remembered it is the new MTEXTED setvar. Some of you don't like the newfangled in place editor and long for the old days of the slightly prinmitive MTEXT Editor. Now those of you in AutoCAD 2006 should definitely listen up...especially if you have lots of rotated text and are tired of standing on your head! The old editor would whip that text back around for you, so it was back to that 0 degree angle for easy editing (and fewer headaches).

Set the system variable MTEXTED to "oldeditor". Yes that's right - you heard me. This will tell AutoCAD to use the old MTEXT editor. To put it back you'll need to set MTEXTED to "internal".

AutoCAD 2007 updated the in-place-text editor such that if the text is too small or rotated it will blow the text up to a decent height and rotate it for easy viewing while you edit. So most of you won't need to touch the MTEXTED command anymore. If you don't like the fact that the in-place editor does this new feature (I love it incidentally), you can put it back (but why?). The MTEXTFIXED system variable controls the behavior as seen below:

MTEXTFIXED (when MTEXTED is set to "internal") when set to 0 or 1 will leave the text as is - won't enlarge it or rotate it for easy viewing.

MTEXTFIXED when set to 2 enlarges super small text for viewing and rotates it if necessary.

Hope this helps some people!

Neil

• 4 years later...
Set the system variable MTEXTED to "oldeditor" Neil

Thanks a lot !!!

in French i say : Merci Beaucoup !

--> comment éviter que le texte tourne de 270° à chaque fois que je l'édite / mettre la variable MTEXTED = "oldeditor"