• Hogfan

• hugha

• BIGMIKE09281946

• Dana W

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PS_Port thank you but where are these pat files installed please

edit

Its ok found out i need to add the file to the search path under tools options files support files search then add the folder

But is the correct way of doing it ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Could you please tell me where to save these to in AC 2008? I have them in apps folder in AC 08 and can't figure out how to get them into the hatch icon. Thanks in advance.

Thank you so much!! These new hatch patterns are awesome. Thanks to everyone for your quick replies and help. Still learning and trying new things with cad!!!

• 5 months later...

I have another question regarding these wood grain hatches that i got from PS Port. I lost my hard drive and have had to reload all programs and i dont have an apps folder in AC 08! Is this where you store these files if so, do i just create a folder in 08 for them and then goto tools,options,files,support file search path,then create a path pointing to them or what? I have totally lost all my previous info and trying to get back to where i had everything so i can create a good backup. Thanks in advance.

• 5 months later...

Can I just slap the *.pat files right in here?

C:\Program Files\AutoCAD LT 2009\en-US\Aoem\Program Files\Root\UserDataCache\Support

It worked for my AutoCAD 2007 but the support folder was in a higher level of the tree then.

This one was much harder to find.

I would recommend putting them in a folder outside of your Autocad directory. That way, if you ever have to re-install, you won't run the risk of having them overwritten.

Just stick them in a folder, then open Autocad and go into your Options dialog > "Files" tab and click on the "Support File Search Path". Next, click the "Add" button to create a new search path and then click the "Browse" button to select the folder containing your Hatch patterns.

Untitled-1.jpg

I would recommend putting them in a folder outside of your Autocad directory. That way, if you ever have to re-install, you won't run the risk of having them overwritten.

Just stick them in a folder, then open Autocad and go into your Options dialog > "Files" tab and click on the "Support File Search Path". Next, click the "Add" button to create a new search path and then click the "Browse" button to select the folder containing your Hatch patterns.

Ya know, that is why I don't have my wood grain hatches any more from 2007. I shoulda remembered that myself.

Thanks for saving me.

• 1 year later...

I just followed these directions, and now I can't hatch any thing. Says "acad.pat" can't find file. I never changed this file. I followed Cad64's instructions. Help please!

Windows 7

AutoCad 2012