Mechanical
    DANIEL's Discipline Details
    Occupation
    Industrial
    Discipline
    Mechanical
    Using
    AutoCAD 2013

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

I deal mostly with the mechanical side but technically we do chemical engineering, waste water treatment plants and equipment, I'm on the solids end of the handling.
    If you would like to help my 2 year old niece Alaina in her battle against Leukemia you can donate blood at any Carter Blood Care and put SPON050875 on the donor form. Thank you so much for any contributions in this matter that you can make.

Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.

Computer Details
    ReMark's Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
    Computer:
    Thinkmate
    Motherboard:
    Intel DX58SO2 LGA1366 X58
    CPU:
    Intel i7-960 Quad-core 3.20GHz 8MB cache
    RAM:
    12GB (3x4GB) PC3-106000 DDR3
    Graphics:
    nVidia Quadro K4200, 4GB GDDR5
    Primary Storage:
    150GB Velocipraptor 10,000 rpm
    Secondary Storage:
    none
    Monitor:
    Dell P24LLH - 24" wide screen LCD
    Discipline
    See details...
    ReMark's Discipline Details
    Occupation
    CAD Draftsman/Designer...chemical manufacturing.
    Discipline
    See details below.
    Details
    I work for a specialty chemical manufacturer. I do a little bit of everything from P&IDs to civil to architectural and structural.
    Using
    AutoCAD 2018

Ahhhhhhh...I did a multiyear stint with a consulting environmental/engineering company concentrating on municipal and industrial wastewater systems. Everything from wastewater treatment plants, pumping stations and force mains, to filter presses, sludge handlers and chemical treatment of wastewater from plating facilities.
    "I have only come here seeking knowledge. Things they wouldn't teach me of in college." The Police

Eat brains...gain more knowledge!

I'm now a full member of the Society for the Promotion of Mediocrity in CAD. Standards? We don't need no stinkin' standards! Take whatever advice I offer and do the opposite.

Discipline
    Mechanical
    Occupation
    Industrial
    Discipline
    Mechanical
    Using
    AutoCAD 2013

we actually build filter presses, multiple kinds, I work with dryers however, we turn your poo into fertalizer pellets, I'm almost afraid to ask who that was you worked with, chances are they have hired us for a job of some sort at some time.
    If you would like to help my 2 year old niece Alaina in her battle against Leukemia you can donate blood at any Carter Blood Care and put SPON050875 on the donor form. Thank you so much for any contributions in this matter that you can make.

Computer Details
    ReMark's Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
    Computer:
    Thinkmate
    Motherboard:
    Intel DX58SO2 LGA1366 X58
    CPU:
    Intel i7-960 Quad-core 3.20GHz 8MB cache
    RAM:
    12GB (3x4GB) PC3-106000 DDR3
    Graphics:
    nVidia Quadro K4200, 4GB GDDR5
    Primary Storage:
    150GB Velocipraptor 10,000 rpm
    Secondary Storage:
    none
    Monitor:
    Dell P24LLH - 24" wide screen LCD
    Discipline
    See details...
    ReMark's Discipline Details
    Occupation
    CAD Draftsman/Designer...chemical manufacturing.
    Discipline
    See details below.
    Details
    I work for a specialty chemical manufacturer. I do a little bit of everything from P&IDs to civil to architectural and structural.
    Using
    AutoCAD 2018

I'm in Connecticut. The big jobs were for East Lyme and Suffield. We also did another big job in Warwick, Rhode Island.

Poo? Are you related to Mike Rowe of "Dirty Jobs" fame? LOL
    "I have only come here seeking knowledge. Things they wouldn't teach me of in college." The Police

Eat brains...gain more knowledge!

I'm now a full member of the Society for the Promotion of Mediocrity in CAD. Standards? We don't need no stinkin' standards! Take whatever advice I offer and do the opposite.

Discipline
    Mechanical
    Occupation
    Industrial
    Discipline
    Mechanical
    Using
    AutoCAD 2013

Quote Originally Posted by ReMark View Post
    I'm in Connecticut. The big jobs were for East Lyme and Suffield. We also did another big job in Warwick, Rhode Island.

Poo? Are you related to Mike Rowe of "Dirty Jobs" fame? LOL
    poo jokes are lost on me, we have heard them all lol, but you know the fan they talk about the stuff hitting, well, we design it, its in our plants, literally lol.

that place Mike Rowe went on dirties jobs actually installed one of our systems of coarse he was messing with the stuff way up dtream from where our stuff takes place lol.

Using
    AutoCAD 2009

If you did not see any difference between AutoCAD Vanilla and AutoCAD P&ID I'm afraid you did not see all of AutoCAD P&ID. I have also written an P&ID application for AutoCAD and it uses blocks and attributes. Yes you can use attributes to create your reports but it is really not that easy and defiantly not dynamic.

Here are some of the features I really like from AutoCAD P&ID.

1. My favorite is the Project manager where I can add and subtract data from any of the P&ID components and it does not have to be at the start of a project. Also I can change the symbol for any of the components and the next time a drawing in that project is opened up it will update that drawing with the latest symbols and will also update new data fields if added. Not so easy with attributed blocks.

2. Yes Automatically breaking the line when a symbol is inserted is nice but healing the line when it's removed is good also. Also you can use the grip to move the block and it keeps it's break. Also you can add rules so that the appropriate lines break for each other based on a priority number.

3. When you are drawing you are building your reports in the background. Yes attributes can be extracted to build a report. But go make a couple of revisions and see how good your reports are. With AutoCAD P&ID your report are live so it is ready for printing at any time. Also your equipment list is live and ready anytime. Say you wanted more information added to your reports all you have to do is add the fields to the project manager and now your reports will have those fields instantly.

These are just 3 of my favorites. One thing you said was how easy it was to operate. That is not always the case when it comes to intelligent P&ID's and the main reason a lot of companies do not use them.

You maybe able to draw a P&ID quicker than AutoCAD P&ID but when it comes to revisions or report building you will not be able to keep up. .

I would look at AutoCAD P&ID and even CADWorx P&ID and see what they offer over vanilla AutoCAD you will be amazed. I hope this helps.

Discipline
    Mechanical
    Occupation
    Industrial
    Discipline
    Mechanical
    Using
    AutoCAD 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Gsilva View Post

You maybe able to draw a P&ID quicker than AutoCAD P&ID but when it comes to revisions or report building you will not be able to keep up. .
    your underestimating my skills lol

Using
    AutoCAD 2009

Quote Originally Posted by DANIEL View Post
    your underestimating my skills lol
    Sorry. I would not be able to keep up.

Discipline
    Mechanical
    Occupation
    Industrial
    Discipline
    Mechanical
    Using
    AutoCAD 2013

can I ask what you do for autodesk

Using
    AutoCAD 2009

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

Quote Originally Posted by DANIEL View Post
    can I ask what you do for autodesk
    I was an AutoCAD P&ID reseller.

I am now self employeed and have no ties to Autodesk or a Reseller.

I have used all the different P&ID packages out there and know what the advantages are over Vanilla Autocad with either AutoCAD P&ID or CADWorx P&ID.

Most of my work now is using CADWorx and 3D modeling.

I did not reply to this thread because I was a reseller but because I did not want you to be misinformed.