[Cross country pipe profile] Possible to create rules to automate this?

spittle

To automatically draw a proposed pipe invert profile on an existing profile view. With rules such as put gradient changes at 5 or 10 meter intervals and min and max cover of xxx. Is there a way of fudging the pipe network to do this, my route has no structures.

It's a real pain in the backside when there's a major change in the alignment, especially when you've got a few km of alignment to work through.

I know you can set min. cover, not sure about max. without looking. On the length I believe there is a max. length, not sure about min. length. Look around for that in your pipe rules. I'll check mine (using 2008) too.

Yeah I've seen those, I guess I'll see what possibilites for new rules there are. I don't really want to be manually adding the pipes on my plan as the lengths of each section needs to be dependant on the ground surface to allow it to follow the ground surface as closely as possible.

also the length of each section isn't important for us in the scenario of a pipe running across country as it will be the contractor who determines the result.