Lisp routine use csv to update title block attributes - on ctab

HRae

Hi David,

Firstly, I'm glad you have the program working now :)

The program is engineered to simply read a CSV file, how you update that CSV file is up to you :wink:

Lee

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lee Mac

• HRae

• SteveK

• johmmeke

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi David,

Firstly, I'm glad you have the program working now :)

The program is engineered to simply read a CSV file, how you update that CSV file is up to you :wink:

Lee

Hello!

Is there any way to make it update all the listed DWG's at once - or is it just the opened DWG?

Thanks for the LSP.

Is there any way to make it update all the listed DWG's at once - or is it just the opened DWG?

You could use a Script to open/save/close a set of drawings, hence updating them with this program.

Thanks for the LSP.

You're welcome, enjoy :)

I got it working now. I start with running batchlisp.lsp, then select the drawings I want to update (through selectfiles.lsp) and then it uses your lsp (and a master.csv file) to update each drawing. All good and automated :)

Now that's half of what I wanted to do.

Do you know if there there is any way to export the block attributes from several drawings directly to the CSV file? I know about ATTOUT but it exports to txt, and I get one txt per drawing.

Do you know if there there is any way to export the block attributes from several drawings directly to the CSV file? I know about ATTOUT but it exports to txt, and I get one txt per drawing.

Either the DATAEXTRACTION command, or my program here.

• 8 months later...

Lee, perhaps you can help me. I downloaded both your Update.lsp, and Davids UTB lisp files.

I seem to be having issues with the findfile command.

With the Update.lsp I recieve this error: ** CSV File not Found **

and with UTB I get the equivalent: --> drawinglist.csv not Found.

Update.lsp

(setq csvpath "drawingvars.csv") ;; File containing path to CSV

[code]

drawingvars.csv:

[code]

DWG,REV_NO

HLNSTB-590001-R00A.dwg,5A

[code]

perhaps you can help me, I know this thread is a bit dated, but it sounds like this would solve a good chunk of my needs. I will be checking back often. Thanks.

All files are inside same folder.

Using ACAD 2012 on Win 7 32bit

Edited by nateb
more details

I dont think I was. Thanks for the quick reply.

After searching for hours, I decided that VBA would better suit my needs.

Once again, thank you. I have downloaded the updated version and will save it for later use.

• 8 months later...
I was going to attach the spreadsheet as a zip file, but it is too large for the forum. I also don't know the forums policy about contacting members directly. Please let me know if you want the spreadsheet and how to get it to you.

HRae i know this forums is quite old but is it possible to get the total excel file you use for this? which is shown in your screen shots later in the thread?

• 1 month later...

Hi Lee,

Absolutely love this routine! Great work again Lee! but... Phil's original dealt with the issue of identically named drawings in multiple jobs/multiple registers by looking for the dwglist.txt pointer file within the current drawing folder to locate the specific register. Do you think you could point me in the right direction to mod your lisp? Its too much to ask users to load up a specific update lisp for each project...

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there

Paul Frylink here

Just stumbled upon this thread - very interesting where your code ends up...

That is quite an old version of update.lsp at the beginning of this thread!

I never did publicly release it, but I guess with the number of joint ventures going on here in Brisbane, systems become public property by default.

Paul, I am very interested in your Update.lsp, can I contact you directly please?

• 3 months later...
Paul, I am very interested in your Update.lsp, can I contact you directly please?

cadman_au

you can contact me at paul dot frylink at aecom dot com

• 4 weeks later...

Lee Mac's update title block attributes lisp is golden (http://lee-mac.com/updatetitleblock.html).He helped me get the lisp up and running when I was having issues with parsing quotes in the csv. This routine has saved us so much time on our latest projects. (our old projects used plain old text in the title blocks and I just had to go through a drawing set with 270 sheets and fix them all one, by one)

However I have a challenge, I was wondering if a similar routine could be used to read the csv to create any number of layouts automatically using a dwt? So, you would edit the code to add your dwt file name & the csv file name (just as in the update title block attributes lisp). When the code executes it will read the csv from the working directory--columns A & B (drawing name and layout name), creating "n" number of layouts (col. B) in "n" number of drawings (col. A), insert your dwt for the title block template for each layout, then naming the layouts based on Col. B's cell data. Thus, you would run one lisp at project’s beginning to create your layouts in “n”drawings (drawing files would need to exist) with named layouts, and then run your update-title-block lisp to set all the attributes. Possible?

• 6 months later...

Calion you would have got a better answer by creating a new post request. SEARCH first you would have found the answer straight away using "encrypt" or "protect" or "compile" . Adding a different request to a post is known as hijacking the post.