Line Direction Verification

MiGo

I was given a drawing that represents underground fiber communications for a very large area. I am just using the drawing as reference and had designated a linetype for these as -UC- the issue is the drawing has lines going in all sorts of different directions so some are lines that run parallel to one another have different direction text.

I was wondering if there was a routine out there (that I can't find) that will scan all lines to verify that the start point of the line is closer to origin than the end line and rotate 180deg otherwise so all the text will read left to right?

Totally untested:

[b][color=BLACK]([/color][/b]defun c:linedir [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b] / ss i en ed p10 p11 d11 d10[b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]
 [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]while [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]not ss[b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b]
        [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]princ [color=#2f4f4f]"\nSelect Lines Sort:   "[/color][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b]
        [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]setq ss [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]ssget '[b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b][b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]0 . [color=#2f4f4f]"LINE"[/color][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b][b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]

[b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]setq i [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]sslength ss[b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b][b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]

[b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]while [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]not [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]minusp [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]setq i [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]1- i[b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b]
        [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]setq en [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]ssname ss i[b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
              ed [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]entget en[b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
              p10 [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]cdr [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]assoc 10 ed[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
              d10 [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]distance '[b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]0 0 0[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b] p10[b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
              p11 [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]cdr [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]assoc 11 ed[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
              d11 [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]distance '[b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]0 0 0[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b] p11[b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b]
        [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]and [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]> d11 d10[b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
             [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]setq ed [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]subst [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]cons 10 p11[b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b] [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]assoc 10 ed[b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b] ed[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b]
                   ed [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]subst [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]cons 11 p10[b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b] [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]assoc 11 ed[b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b] ed[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
             [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]entmod ed[b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b][b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]
 [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]redraw[b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]
 [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]prin1[b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b][b][color=BLACK])[/color][/b]

-David

Good catch on the greater than sign. Good luck

There are chances that the distances will be equal. So it would be a moot point. -David