AutoCAD Visual Styles alter on save.

rob150588

Morning/Evening all,

I'm having a rather frustrating problem that I'm hoping someone may be able to shed some light on. For information, I'm using AC2010 64bit (evil program :twisted:).

When I save certain drawings, regardless of what visual styles are applied to a viewport at the time, the visual style changes to 3D wireframe. The view changes to perspective projection and the sunlight is turned on. This change happens everytime I press save.

This is odd as I never use the 3D wireframe style. There are no named views in the drawing aside the AutoCAD default ones either. A recent development to the problem is that it is caused after producing a rendered image, so I can now reproduce the problem like clockwork...but cannot stop it happening.

Help ? Anyone ?

Rob.

• 6 months later...

I´ve got the exact same problem! And I´ve had it since i first installed autocad. It seems to be bound to the drawing at some point during a render process, then the problem is stuck to the drawing until i kill the dwg file.

I use Autocad Architecture 2011 but I had the same problem with 2010.

Did you solve this?

Anyone who know why this happens or can figure it out?

Thank you!

Nope, never found a solution to it.

The only workaround was to save the drawing as a new drawing e.g. "blahblah_render.dwg" and render it there.

Not ideal, but it works.:unsure:

• 1 month later...

Hello. I had the same problem, rendered an image and every subsequent save changed the visual style to 3D wireframe. The way I have found to do it is to "save as," and save it with the same name, it will keep the visual style you have been using. Not a fix, but perhaps an easier workaround.