• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CADTutor

• alanjt

• rkmcswain

• leigh_elkins

Very nice job! I have long been an Afralisp visitor. I had no idea it was about to tank. It is nice to see you saved it because it is a great resource for anyone learning LISP.

Thanks for doing a good job and keeping it alive.

David - Just one suggestion - Is it posssible to make an option so that searches are made with only the Afralisp site?

Apart from that awesome job mate!

That's a good point. Unfortunately, it's either one thing or the other - no way to add the option. I just thought that there was so much useful stuff on this site that those searching on a topic may benefit but I guess it could be confusing. I'll have a think about that. Thanks

Looking at todays tip of the day:

Converting Strings to Uppercase

There are many occasions when you'll need to convert a string variable to uppercase, especially when you've requested a response and need to test it. It's much easier to test it against all-uppercase than to try to test for every combination of uppercase and lowercase. The command for the conversion is (strcase) :

(setq uc (strcase t))

This converts the value of the string variable t to uppercase and assigns the new value to the variable uc.

Bad programing example, not only because you shouldn't use T as a variable but because that is one of the arguments for strcase.

Maybe this tip can be updated?

I still think that middle section looks like an advertisement. *lol* My initial reaction is to just skip over reading it every time i open the page.