Custom Line Type

Efeezy

THIS IS USED FOR PIPES OR WIRES. I DON'T LIKE THE SPACING ON THE GAP CAN SOME ONE HELP? TO LOAD THIS GO TO LINETYPES, OTHER. cut and paste it text document and and save extention as .Lin

I GOT THIS TO WORK BUT I AM HAVING PROBLEMS FIGURING OUT TO GET THE GAP IN THE LINE TIGHTER. ANYONE KNOW? IT IS LIKE THIS ------- S,V ------

I NEED IT LIKE THIS ------S,V--------

ANYONE KNOW??? :(

*S_V_VERTICAL, Line ----S,V----S,V----S,V----S,V----S,V----S,V--

A,.25,-.25,["S,V",STANDARD,S=.05,R=90.0,X=-0.15,Y=-0.025],-.25

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Buzzard

• Efeezy

• alanjt

• VisDak

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have you read up on the linetype syntax in the customization guide?

The positive numbers are dashes, the negative numbers are spaces, and of course the info inside the brackets is the text part of the linetype.

Start by making the spaces smaller (there is a space on both sides of the text)

You got it for free and it's not the end of the world so calm down.

If you have Express Tools loaded you can create your own linetype using the Make Linetype command and the Make Shape command. Plus there are plenty of free AutoCAD style linetypes available for download on the Internet.

THIS IS USED FOR PIPES OR WIRES. I DON'T LIKE THE SPACING ON THE GAP CAN SOME ONE HELP? TO LOAD THIS GO TO LINETYPES, OTHER. cut and paste it text document and and save extention as .Lin

I GOT THIS TO WORK BUT I AM HAVING PROBLEMS FIGURING OUT TO GET THE GAP IN THE LINE TIGHTER. ANYONE KNOW? IT IS LIKE THIS ------- S,V ------

I NEED IT LIKE THIS ------S,V--------

ANYONE KNOW??? :(

*S_V_VERTICAL, Line ----S,V----S,V----S,V----S,V----S,V----S,V--

A,.25,-.25,["S,V",STANDARD,S=.05,R=90.0,X=-0.15,Y=-0.025],-.25

This information was no good to you?

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47482

Four threads later??????

As the surgeon said to me during an operation...

Don't give me what I asked for...give me what I need.

Yes, doctor.

As the surgeon said to me during an operation...

Don't give me what I asked for...give me what I need.

Yes, doctor.

He ended up with an extra having extra limbs when the operation was complete.

How do I made a linestyle out of text?

∙∙∙MATCH-LINE∙∙∙MATCH-LINE∙∙∙MATCH-LINE

Load ltfly.lsp and give it a shot. :wink:

How do I made a linestyle out of text?

∙∙∙MATCH-LINE∙∙∙MATCH-LINE∙∙∙MATCH-LINE

Heres one to get you started, But you will have to polish it up to your likings.

You will find all the information you need in the ACAD help section.

See below.

*MATCH_LINE,Match line ----MATCH LINE----MATCH LINE----MATCH LINE----
A,.5,-.25,["MATCH LINE",STANDARD,S=.1,R=0.0,X=-0.1,Y=-.05],-1.0 

Characters from text fonts can be included in linetypes. Linetypes with embedded characters can denote utilities, boundaries, contours, and so on. As with simple linetypes, lines are dynamically drawn as you specify the vertices. Characters embedded in lines are always displayed completely; they are never trimmed.

Embedded text characters are associated with a text style in the drawing. Any text styles associated with a linetype must exist in the drawing before you load the linetype.

The format for linetypes that include embedded characters is similar to that for simple linetypes in that it is a list of pattern descriptors separated by commas.

Character Descriptor Format

The format for adding text characters in a linetype description is as follows:

["text",textstylename,scale,rotation,xoffset,yoffset]

This format is added as a descriptor to a simple linetype. For example, a linetype called HOT_WATER_SUPPLY is defined as

*HOT_WATER_SUPPLY,---- HW ---- HW ---- HW ---- HW ---- HW ----

A,.5,-.2,["HW",STANDARD,S=.1,R=0.0,X=-0.1,Y=-.05],-.2

This indicates a repeating pattern starting with a dash 0.5 drawing units long, a space 0.2 drawing units long, the characters HW with some scale and placement parameters, and another space 0.2 drawing units long. The text characters come from the text font assigned to the STANDARD text style at a scale of 0.1, a relative rotation of 0 degrees, an X offset of -0.1, and a Y offset of -0.05. This pattern continues for the length of the line, ending with a dash 0.5 drawing units long. The linetype would be displayed as shown below.

Notice that the total upstroke length is 0.2 + 0.2 = 0.4 and that the text origin is offset -.01 units in the X direction from the end of the first upstroke. An equivalent linetype would be

*HOT_WATER_SUPPLY,---- HW ---- HW ---- HW ---- HW ---- HW ----

A,.5,-.1,["HW",STANDARD,S=.1,R=0.0,X=0.0,Y=-.05],-.3

The total upstroke is still 0.1 + 0.3 = 0.4, but the text origin is not offset in the X direction.

Additional information about each field in the character descriptor follows. The values to be used are signed decimal numbers such as 1, -17, and 0.01.

text

The characters to be used in the linetype.

text style name

The name of the text style to be used. If no text style is specified, AutoCAD uses the currently defined style.

scale

S=value. The scale factor to be used for the text style relative to the scale of the linetype. The height of the text style is multiplied by the scale factor. If the height is 0, the value for S=value alone is used as the height.

rotation

R=value or A=value. R= specifies relative or tangential rotation with respect to the line. A= specifies absolute rotation of the text with respect to the origin; that is, all text has the same rotation regardless of its position relative to the line. The value can be appended with a d for degrees (degrees is the default value), r for radians, or g for grads. If rotation is omitted, 0 relative rotation is used.

Rotation is centered between the baseline and the nominal cap height.

xoffset

X=value. The shift of the text on the X axis of the linetype, which is along the line. If xoffset is omitted or is 0, the text is elaborated with no offset. Use this field to control the distance between the text and the previous pen-up or pen-down stroke. This value is not scaled by the scale factor defined by S=value, but it is scaled to the linetype.

yoffset

Y=value. The shift of the text in the Y axis of the linetype, which is at a 90-degree angle to the line. If yoffset is omitted or is 0, the text is elaborated with no offset. Use this field to control the vertical alignment of the text with respect to the line. This value is not scaled by the scale factor defined by S=value, but it is scaled to the linetype.

I added what you made to my linestyles buzzard, worked perfect. Thanks!

Tankman, I couldn't get the ltfly to work right, it was overlapping the text, I am sure it is user error, lol, I think it is really cool how it just automatically makes it right from the command line.

how would I go about making it work?

maybe a smaller text style?

I added what you made to my linestyles buzzard, worked perfect. Thanks!

Tankman, I couldn't get the ltfly to work right, it was overlapping the text, I am sure it is user error, lol, I think it is really cool how it just automatically makes it right from the command line.

how would I go about making it work?

maybe a smaller text style?

Thats good news, But you should be able to tackle one for yourself. Mess with making another linetype for yourself. Make anything, Just get the feel for it. It is not that difficult to do. You have all the information you need.

Hi All,

Good day I just taggle this thread so i just like to add one more line type that i need, its like an corrugated or wave linetype, (kindly see image attached for illustrated)

on standard Autocad LIN, only Batting are available that is too much curved

hopefully you could share to me some of lin that i needed

thanks in advance

Corrugated Linetype.JPG

Hi All,

Good day I just taggle this thread so i just like to add one more line type that i need, its like an corrugated or wave linetype, (kindly see image attached for illustrated)

on standard Autocad LIN, only Batting are available that is too much curved

hopefully you could share to me some of lin that i needed

thanks in advance

VisDak,

The attached file has tons of lintypes in it. If you place it in your support directory and load this file thru ACAD you could probably view the patterns in the linetype manager. I am sure there are one or two that are similar to what you are showing. Give it a shot.

Tsaec.zip

OK,

I viewed two that are similar in that file.

CMP12 & CMPU12 are very similar to the one you show. This could also give you a good idea as how to create it for yourself.

I believe one is Imperial and the other is SI units. Most likely they are the same linetype.