• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SLW210

• CyberAngel

• Ace

• designerstuart

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It just happened again. I swear I am not making this up. I am using Civil 3D 2011 now with SP1.

I submitted a bug report about this last September. The bug appears to go a bit deeper. I had several drawing files open and Civil 3D 2012 crashed. C3D created recovery files, however those recovery files were named incorrectly. They were switched just like the file name error in the title bar.

I was not able to reproduce this recovery error bug, so Autodesk dismissed the case as a random bit flipping incident. However, I still notice the title bar error about once a week.

Has anyone else been able to trace how this problem occurs? I just recently came back to my computer after a long break and I noticed the file name error in my title bar. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with my computer auto-locking while I was away. But once I logged back into Windows, that is when I noticed the title bar.

Have you disabled SpyCenter (aka InfoCenter)?

There is or (WAS? :roll:) a known screen saver/auto-lock crash bug, one or both related to Nvidia graphics card drivers on XP (according to Autodesk) suppose to be fixed with a driver update :roll:.

I submitted a bug report about this last September. The bug appears to go a bit deeper. I had several drawing files open and Civil 3D 2012 crashed. C3D created recovery files, however those recovery files were named incorrectly. They were switched just like the file name error in the title bar.

I was not able to reproduce this recovery error bug, so Autodesk dismissed the case as a random bit flipping incident. However, I still notice the title bar error about once a week.

Has anyone else been able to trace how this problem occurs? I just recently came back to my computer after a long break and I noticed the file name error in my title bar. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with my computer auto-locking while I was away. But once I logged back into Windows, that is when I noticed the title bar.

It seems to happen whenever I open a second drawing, close it, and open another, all while keeping a first drawing open. You don't see the error, though, until you actually change to the other window. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess it has something to do with file pointers in .NET, which seems to do most of the heavy lifting for the GUI. Either there's a bug in .NET, which is hard to believe, or someone at Autodesk misunderstood how the document handling routines work.