Top Posters In This Topic

• David D

• BlackBox

• SLW210

• alanjt

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Renderman but although it looks like Excel VBA which I am familiar with I have so far only heard of Lisp and do not even know whre or how to to put this code. That is why I was thinking a button, or does this go in the line where you would write a button macro?

Have a look at this...How to use LISP routines

theswamp

Thank you SLW.

As I said before, I was able to load, I just do not think I am operating it correctly, not hitting Enter when I should, not clicking things in the right order, or something like that.

I tried theswamp.com and did not get anything. Did not think about theswamp.org

Renderman, I was able to create the button I wanted so I do not really need the lisp.

Always happy to not help.

I tried the lisp but I think I will need step by step instructions on how to make it work. I can select the text and see the snap points for the polyline but when I click on the first one to choose it the text goes there right away without the opportunity to choose the second point.

... THAT'S the freebie, David.

I wrote you a routine which simply prompt you (the user) to select the text you want to move, then the polyline you want it (the text) to go to the centroid... that's it. Done. Kaput. Nothing more to see here... move on to the next task.

Since you said:

Since I am doing this for many, many, many drawings ...

... I thought it *might* be helpful to minimized the number of steps it would take you for such a repetitive task.

Sorry for the confusion, I'll try not to confuse you again in the future.

RenderMan, Those were the instructions I needed (yes, quicker and simpler than my button:)) but there is a slight problem. It is aligning off the bottom left node on the text no matter what justification I use which actually leaves the text offcenter inside the polyline. Is there a way to adjust this? I tried to read the code to see if I could spot something. If it is there it is written in a way that I can not see it. Even if this change can not be made I am ahead of the game on this one. I really do appreciate all the help with this project. I am learning things already and that is good.

Recheck your justifications, I just checked it out and it worked as advertised. Whatever justification I use, it places that part of the text dead center.

RenderMan, Those were the instructions I needed (yes, quicker and simpler than my button:)) but there is a slight problem. It is aligning off the bottom left node on the text no matter what justification I use which actually leaves the text offcenter inside the polyline. Is there a way to adjust this? I tried to read the code to see if I could spot something. If it is there it is written in a way that I can not see it. Even if this change can not be made I am ahead of the game on this one. I really do appreciate all the help with this project. I am learning things already and that is good.

Recheck your justifications, I just checked it out and it worked as advertised. Whatever justification I use, it places that part of the text dead center.

As I wrote it quickly (I need to stop doing that!) - I neglected a conditional InsertoinPoint / TextAlignmentPoint for MText, and Text respectively. I simply forgot I added (0 . "MTEXT,TEXT") to the selection filter.

Edit - Forgot to mention that I've updated the code back on page 2.

Thanks RenderMan I like it! :thumbsup:

That's why I like to do this - It helps others. :beer:

THATS IT!!!!:):D:shock::lol::thumbsup: I am sorry this was so difficult. Thank you everybody for your patience, your time, and your help. As I said before this forum is GREAT.