• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eyde

• SLW210

• DANIEL

• RobDraw

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I have inserted it in a drawing. I cannot find a way to not have it linked to the origanal PDF. Like xref drawings where you can bind the xref to the drawing

I've never done it so I took a pass it and didn't see an option to bind it and even the no path option still leaves it referenced, rather paculuar, sounds like autodesk may have dropped the ball on this though it may just be an issue with compatibility between adobe and autodesk. does it have to be a pdf?

Copy does not seem to work it comes in all distorted.

Yes it does need to be a PDF, it is a drawing that came from a client.

Ok this is really getting weird. I opened design review and opened the PDF in it and then copied it. When I did a paste it came in rotated and mirrored:shock:

Did you use Paste Special as I suggested?

I am not given the option to paste special only paste and that does not work it comes in all distorted.

I do not have an option to save the PDF to a TIFF or any other type of file except Text and that did not work.

Are you using AutoCAD for MAC or some other program? Paste special has been around as far as I can remember in AutoCAD at least 2000i.

Copy the PDF, _PASTESPEC on the commandline, Choose Picture (Metafile)

You can also Insert as OLE.

Are you using AutoCAD for MAC or some other program? Paste special has been around as far as I can remember in AutoCAD at least 2000i.

Copy the PDF, _PASTESPEC on the commandline, Choose Picture (Metafile)

You can also Insert as OLE.

Nope did not work came in very distorted again. I am using just plain AutoCAD 2011 with Windows. I think I will just leave it attached as an underlay.

Thanks all for your help everyone:)

They come in great here with Paste Special.

I don't know why it is not here? Do you use Adobe Reader to view your PDF's?

OK, I opened Design Review then copied view and then went into my drawing and did a paste special/ image enity and that worked.:D