Stair rail ideas

I am enrolled in an AutoCAD Architecture Design class.

The assignment is to draw a residential stairway, which is not a problem. I have the stairway elevation and plan views drawn. All the code requirements listed. What I meed some ideas for stairs rail design.

these are some of the instructions. Guardrail may be of any material or configuration allowed by code; the focus of the project is the design of the guardrail.

Floor to floor height is 12ft 2in. I was thinking of a vine or grape vine motif. Anyone have any other suggestions.

I am a steel detailer and working on some railings right now. I have been doing these for about 30 years.

The current rail I'm working on has:

Top Rail = Tube 2" O.D. x .125 wall (Set at +3'-7")

Intermediate Rails = 3/16" dia Uncoated 1X19 Stainless Steel Cables

End posts = BAR 2 x 2

Intermediate posts = BAR 2 x 1

Grabrail = Tube 1-1/2" O.D. x .125 wall (Set at +2'-11")

Grabrail support elbows = 5/8" dia rods

There are many simpler ones. I could send a pdf.

Jeff

Google ornamental or architectural railings and I suspect you will find plenty, or use COOLIRIS if you have that, as it is a really nice way to view lots of images side by side.

You're very welcome.

I believe that you can download cooliris as an add-on to firefox. I just googled both of those searches, no shortage of good ideas!