Action Recorder Insertion Issue

Once I start recording a new macro I have no issues at all. Everything works fine and it records all my commands correctly. The issue is inserting a block within the macro. When the macro is played, as soon as the playback comes to the “Insert” command, my model space zooms and pans immediately back to the original coordinates of creating the macro. I am inserting just a regular 2D block, not a Dynamic block. I have right-clicked on every part of the Action Tree within the macro and specified to wait for user input so that I may place the blocks where I choose, not the coordinates recorded when creating the macro, but it’s that first insert that causes all the problems. The rest of the inserts within the macro work just fine without taking off somewhere else.

I work for a structural engineering firm so I would like to have a macro that places two studs at each side of a window with a beam and callout in between. Obviously I would do this to every window in the building, but every time that I start my macro that I created, it gets to the insert block part of the play back and zooms and pans completely some where else in my drawing. That leaves me to have to pan back to find my window in order to finish my task.

I think the Action Recorder is a great idea, and it’s almost there for me! I need just a little help.

Thank you for your time!!!

AutoCAD 2012

Welcome to the forum. :)

Might you do better using the PASTE command in your Action Macro? I use that a lot and it works fine for me.

Or uncheck the circled option in the image.

action macro issues.JPG

Maybe forget about a recorded macro and go for a key board or menu macro something like ^c^c_insert myblock. once you get that the hang pretty simple to copy and paste and create a whole lot more.

The macro record has not taken the world by storm rather gets critised for its lack of editability I know me and others gave up on it pretty quick.

The macro record has not taken the world by storm rather gets critised for its lack of editability I know me and others gave up on it pretty quick.

It is definitely meant for the lisp-challenged, of which there are still a few of us. :)

I just spent a couple minutes trying to edit one, and yeah, I see what you mean.

I usually create them on the fly, and they are pretty much disposable, unlike lisp

of course, which is clearly superior and stands the test of time. :beer: