LISP for Select the same entities again...

toberino

Good Afternoon:

Is there a command already or a lisp around that can reselect the group of previously selected items. It would be several different layers, blocks, geometry, etc.. I think that I could create groups but I would like to avoid having to do that since it may wind up being just a one time selection.

Thank you.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• toberino

• irneb

• RobDraw

• rkent

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's how it used to work:

Say you move a group of items, after finishing the original move and no command is no longer active, you realize you need to move the items again. If you iniate the move command again, when the "Select Objects" instruction is active, you can simply type "P", which is short for "previous", and it should select the previously moved items that you want to move again and you can continue as normal.

I know that in the older versions of ACAD (2009 and prior) this worked great. I am using 2012 now and it just does not seem to work right, although sometimes it does. This also works with commands like trim, stretch, erase, etc. Hopefully this helps.

You are probably after something more than the built in Previous option right? Start another command, type P, enter, continue. Just mentioning it in case you don't know about that one.

Keep in mind that the description I gave above will only work if you have not selected any other items in between the 2 commands you are trying to use ("move" in the example I used above). If you move 10,000 items and then select 1 item in between the move commands it, when trying to use "P" to select the previous, it will likely select the 1 item you have recently selected, in lieu of the 10,000 you originally moved. That, or it will not select anything at all and display something like "No previous selection set". In which case you will to select everything again manually.

I am no good with LISP commands so there may be something better out there.

Maybe try setting PICKADD to 2, but that won't help with the picking that one object after another selection set.

I would use Group command, I don't remember how it worked in 2012, but in 2013 you just select objects, right click, pick group, done.

I think LeeMac has posted a routine for the scenario you describe, I will look around some.

ok. Now that I started working on another drawing I guess I still need some help.. I am using quick select to select a group of points. then I am invoking the point manager but I might make a mistake at some point through all of this. At this point I would like to recall the selected points to make them selected again without having to go thru the qselect menu again.

You could use SELECT command, Previous option, start editing command....

You know, I was trying that but it does not give the visual of the grips, which now that I am getting real deep into a drawing is what I need it for the most. The visual that is. I insert my blocks, then go back and correct their rotations. After I complete the work on each block I typically go through the qselect process all over again to get the point grips highlighted again to quickly locate them. I have a select similar lisp loaded that I could use but sometimes I don't want to select similar. This is just the scenario I am at right now.

Edited by toberino

I am going to bump this to see if I can get some more suggestions. Ultimitely I need to do this for visual of the grips to locate the items and zoom to them. I was reading that when you are selecting items they are added to a temporary group, I forget the actual term as I am not i front of my book, which in my mind says that the temporary group that AutoCAD is creating could just as easily be recalled. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Ok. Now that I am at work with my book it is called the selection set buffer. So Autocad remembers the selection set prior to invoking a command. I just need to find a way to easily recall it without having to create a group or go through the qselect process. I am guessing lisp is going to be the way but I dont know. I think that the select command with the previous option does recall them but it does not display the grips which is an important part of what I am looking for.

What is the point manager? Why doesn't creating a group work for what you want to do?

Lee Mac's point manager (genius program by the way). I am looking for something different from creating groups because every time I go through the exercise of selecting items I would have to create a group. I may not even need to recall that group again, or my group would be slightly different the next time which would make the group creating process a waste of time. I would be creating possibly 200 hundred groups in a single drawing with most of them never being recalled again.

Use the SELECT command and not QSELECT, they are two different commands. Once you start Select, type P, hit enter to end select, the grip will be showing. I am on 2013, hopefully it works the same on 2010.

Use the SELECT command and not QSELECT, they are two different commands. Once you start Select, type P, hit enter to end select, the grip will be showing. I am on 2013, hopefully it works the same on 2010.

Yep, the select command does not display the grips. Maybe a system setting I need to change.

Yep, the select command does not display the grips. Maybe a system setting I need to change.

I don't get the grips with SELECT either. I think we both need to get a grip.

After Select>Previous hit enter, then hit enter again......Get A Grip