Extracting X,Y, coordinates with Handle

Drafty

Try changing this and see what happens

(setq fname (strcat [b](getvar 'dwgprefix)[/b]  (getstring "\nEnter file name ")))

....(close fout)
[b](startapp "Notepad"   fname)[/b]

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Drafty

• BIGAL

• pBe

• Tyke

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bigal will probably edit the code on post # 33 and will set you right.

The generated error [ ; error: bad argument type: streamp nil] is from the lack of a valid argument supplied to this line (close fout). Now what we did is ensure the path is valid via

(getvar 'Dwgprefix) and an additional function to open the created text file (startapp "Notepad" fname).

The error you're getting now is from something else entirely.[syntax]

Wait for Bigal to modify the code Drafty :)

I ran it on your drawing and its fine Like Pbe I think the problem is in the directory name if you use a directory with a space in the name it can cause problems. Do the values appear on your screen press F2 ?

Also I have limited time at moment it needs a bit more cleaning up it needs a seperate routine for mtext so it recognises line by line.

ScreenShot014.jpg

Thanks guys. I changed the directory to "C:Test/" and added a file extension. That then worked :D

Command:

Enter file name test1.csv

Select objects: Specify opposite corner: 2 found

Select objects:

ABC\P123\PZZ

DEF\P456\PYY

Command:

The finish line is in sight. Please see the screen shot attached

Book1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Can some help please with a simple mtext to line by line list I am not sure that the abc\\1234\\has more info in it. I am trying to finally fix this up for drafty.

Can some help please with a simple mtext to line by line list I am not sure that the abc\\1234\\has more info in it. I am trying to finally fix this up for drafty.

I haven't read the entire thread, but I believe you're looking to parse the TextString Property string value by removing the myriad formatting characters (i.e., \P, etc.), where DEF\P456\YY is:

DEF
YY

... And you're after

(list "DEF" ;| delim char here? |; "456" "YY")

... Not sure if all of the various formatting characters are documented in one, single location (perhaps Lee knows? He's done a lot with this for BFIND I believe).

Cheers

• 4 years later...