• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dbroada

• Tyke

• BlackBox

• ReMark

The only reason I knew that is because my Father is a huge fan of those types of shows (SNL, In Living Color, Mad TV, etc). One of his favorite all-time skits was Stuart and he would just crack up every time it was on.

:)

Thanks for that RM, but unlike Dave I'm an old dog who finds it difficult to change his ways. I'll stick with VB.
oi! you know how old I am and I don't like new tricks either. I first started programming in 1969 and haven't progressed much since. (Although I'm glad you don't need punch cards anymore.)

This request has been on the "back burner" since my last post on the subject and the only reason I'm commenting is so I caan find it when I get back to work next Monday.

This request has been on the "back burner" since my last post on the subject and the only reason I'm commenting is so I can find it when I get back to work next Monday.

I was paying you a complement, I never intended to ruffle your feathers ;). Have you been on holiday again?

Dave, just for info the code I posted basically does what you said your problem was, that is it rubber bands from the last picked point but doesn't actually ghost the polygon. I quickly tried BB's C## translated code, but there were a load of errors in it so I never got to run it, time is short at the moment and I didn't have enough to sort them out.

I see the answer for me as running the AREA command and saving the picked points for further use. I don't actually need the polygon or anything selected inside the polygon, I just need the list of coordinates.

Have you been on holiday again?

yes, had to get rid of the VW (too much wrong :( for me to tackle) and bought a Transit. We had a week locally when we first got it and have now had another week taking in Wales, the Lake district and a trip on the Settle Carlise line before returning home for my niece's wedding and a weekend watching motor sport. :thumbsup: Now back to work. :cry: