Uninstalling auto cad 2013

Nasim

Hi there,

All of a sudden, my auto cad software got corrupted and gave a fatal error. saying that some file is missing. any way. i tried to uninstall it by the control panel. but it suddenly was deleted and i couldn't find it any where to uninstall it. so i tried to delete everything (all the files) of my auto cad as i saw this as a suggestion in a site. but i guess it made it all worse. so now, i can't uninstall it, while i can't even install it all over again as it says it is already installed on your computer. so now besides changing my windows what can i do before getting into that?

please...! any suggestions?

There are very specific instructions available on the Autodesk site for removal of the software.

As I recall all of the peripheral bits need to be removed first.

Are you able to access the REPAIR option?

It probably would have been your best first step, and hopefully you can still access it.

the windows didn't restore anything but i tried to, but it didn't work. if i did it alright any way. but now the situation is beyond that. there is no auto cad on my computer, but it seems to be when i try to re install it.

Are you even familiar with what a Windows Restore point even is?

You can give this uninstall tool a try and see if that can resolve your problem. It does list AutoCAD 2013 as one of the programs it will work on. Please read the entire page prior to proceeding.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19165706&linkID=16831209

I thought that's what I had asked you?

It's always a good idea to create a Windows Restore point prior to loading any new software. Anyone who does not do that then has a problem with a software installation can stand in front of a mirror and see who is exactly at fault.

OK. So you did create a Restore point prior to installing AutoCAD 2013 for the first time. Good.

Now, did you install any other software around the same time as AutoCAD? Yes or no?

Did you install any new hardware (that required the installation of drivers) at the same time? Yes or no?