Scaling

hmsn

ive got some prolems with scalerg

why after finishing the plan by changing the scale anything will be changed?

Annotation i meant,its very larg and Masked my plan to view?

when u want to plot a plan with 1:2000 scale wht u should do

?

ty

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmsn

• ReMark

• sandiegophil

• Tiger

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you working with layouts and viewports?

You mention that you are using annotation scaling. The annotation scale of your text and dimensions must correspond to the scale(s) your viewport(s) will be set to.

Are we talking ordinary texts or Labels?

I assume that you have to use a Label that is designed for your scale, and set all the rest so that they don't show.

You can also move the labels individually so that they don't cover everything up.

Ty guys

yeah ,exactly .. im talking about annotations in Layout to plot

so how can i design annotations for my viewport's Scale ?how can i set them? could u explain more?if u hve got any links would u like to share for me?

ty Again

yeah, i just created 3 viewport in a sheet,when i change scale the annotation seems so large! how can i set em?

could u describe it step by step?i want it in 1:2000 scale

?

I think Tiger must be talking about someone else. I'm not very patient at all. LoL

Be that as it may, hmsn, if you already have a drawing with existing text and dimensions and you wish to make those objects annotative I suggest you click on the link below and view the video tutorial on Applying Scales to an Existing Drawing. The video runs about 6 minutes and does provide a better explanation than I could provide you with here. However, if you have further questions please return to this thread and post them. I'm sure someone will be able to provide you with an answer.

One other thing. Although I am familiar with annotative scaling having gone through the process of teaching myself their use I do not utilize the feature in my own drawings preferring to place all my dimensions and text in my layout which I find to be, for my particular circumstances, quicker and easier. In certain disciplines annotative scaling can be a very useful, powerful feature of that I have no doubt.

I've come across another video which may be of use to you. It is a 56 minute webinar presented by Microdesk Channel entitled AutoCAD Efficiency - Annotative Scaling. Find it here...

Edited by ReMark

Ill watch em

ty buddy

let me describe my Prb

u know,i just want to Plot in 1:2000 mm Scale.. ill go to change scale in Drawing setting And go to layout properties to change the plot scale 1:1 and choose paper

after that ill go to paper space to change viewport's scale to 1:2000

but the lables are too muchlarge to show!! u know?

im working in metric! its really hard for me to find the solution

wht is exactly wrong

there is a scale 1:2000!

ive done anything

change drawing setting scale ,amd even change lable size text i couldnt do that yet!

You have yet to assign the scale to your annotative objects as shown in the 6 minute video. Your text and dimension are so large because they have the wrong annotation scale assigned to them.

I work in imperial units but none-the-less if you attach a copy of the drawing file to your next post someone here can probably figure out what's going on and get you back on the right course.

This is a list of the more commonly used plot scales for paper space metric drawings.

PlotScaleforPaperSpaceMetric.JPG

Edited by ReMark

Is there someone to help me ?

ive uploaded a file, if u create a Viewport u will see wht im talking about!

The Lable Size is not set to see the plan! ive done anything ... changing the scale ,Page setup,Annotation anything

Pls help me

im in hurry

Just a thought. After you create the view in paper space and zoom to the scale you need, do you run 'regenall'? This will force a regen of all viewports and set your annotation scales.

Once the user has his/her viewport set up the way they want (re: viewport scale) it should be locked. This ensures that any subsequent work inside model space that is done through the viewport does not inadvertently change the viewport scale.

yeah i know that! but it's not my prb now!

i just want u to creat a viewport... so wht u will see in MY file?

Huge Lables!! wht should i do to find a real solution Buddy?