how to Measure multiple points

hibba

Hello Friends,,

anyone can help me? i want to take distance between different points in a line means if i draw one line and divide it into 5 part (a,b,c,d & e) how can i take distance between points "ab" and "cd" expect "bc" and "de". di command with multiple give me the total of all points.

2q2ejxh.jpg

Edited by hibba

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hibba

• ReMark

• sparkyuk

• rkent

Top Posters In This Topic

You want to know the distance between each set of points? a-b, b-c, c-d, and d-e?

Addendum:

The original poster required a way of summing picked distances non-consecutively. Distance a-b + distance c-d = sum. For anyone else who is interested in a solution see post #30 and download Kent Cooper's lisp routine that I named SumDistNon.lsp as that will save you a heap of reading. Verification of the routine's ability to handle the task is documented in post #26.

Regards,

ReMark

Edited by ReMark

no.. i want to know the distance between a-b and c-d only but DI command with multiple give me total distance a-b b-c c-d and d-e

Edited by hibba

He could just click on point A and then point E to get the total distance, so I think he means if he clicks on each point one after the other he will get a running total at the end and i do not think it can be done, correct me if im wrong

Then measure them separately using the DISTANCE or MEA command.

but it is impossible to get the sum of a-b and c-d points with DISTANCE and MEA command..

He could just click on point A and then point E to get the total distance, so I think he means if he clicks on each point one after the other he will get a running total at the end and i do not think it can be done, correct me if im wrong

i know it is possible with lsp file.. i have an idea in my mind but i dont have knowledge how to create lsp file...

let me explain.. if i press (short key of lsp file) then take distance between a-b and c-d and at the end i will get the total distance after finishing the command :P

You do that. My suggestion: Use the TotalDist.lsp routine.

i used this lsp but it works same like DI with multiple.. :( it give me the total of "a to e" even i selected a-b and d-e separately

Well your wrong, it does work, I know because I tested it. So, either your "points" aren't really points (nodes) or you don't know how to use the routine. Did you read the instructions at the website where you found the program?

actually i am new user on this forum and i dont know the rules of this forum.. sorry for that.

ok i explain it mathametically..

if one line is 4000mm each distance between a-b/b-c/c-d/d-e is equal to 1000mm.. i need the total distance of "a-b' + "c-d" 1000+1000=2000 even when i use DI command with "M" its give me 3000mm

Not sure what rules you are referring to. In any event.....

My answer remains the same. Your best bet is to use the TotalDist.lsp routine.

Are your points "true" points (i.e. - nodes that can be snapped to)? Yes or no?

it is continues line and i divide in 4 parts with DIVIDE command to explain my task

2aam58k.jpg

if distance between a-b = x and c-d = y so i need x + y

Edited by hibba

Use the DI command and measure them separately. Add the distances yourself.

Unfortunately most distance measuring lisp routines are expecting the user to not skip over a set a points but rather pick points consecutively.

check this

55vo5.jpg

2mow9jq.jpg

24zyo03.jpg

28hzkba.jpg

i used this command in autocad and here is the prove that it is not match with my task.... i already explained i want X+Y only... it should be 2000mm