Rotate attribute in dynamic block with the alignment parameter

StijnTas

[PROBLEM SOLVED]

Hi,

Is it possible to make a dynamical block where the attribute is horizontal in combination of the alignment parameter (not rotate)?

If I align to an arc the attribute need to stay at an horizontal position.

Greetings.

Edited by StijnTas

TORIENT is my favourite. Type that in, select your block, select the basepoint of your attribute, type in the angle you want it rotated to (zero) and hit enter.

I made a macro and a button up for this where I could just pick my blocks and hit the button. Job done. I recommend you do that.

Another command is RATT. It will align your attribute to zero in accordance with what zero degrees is in relation to your UCS.

@MedlandCAD: I didn't find the command RATT but the TORIENT command works great for this job. I put it on the ribbon.

It's still not fully automatic. Is there a way to use the rotation angle of the alignment (example: 48.2°) to rotate the text inside the block with a negative value of -48.2?

I'm really thankful with the reply because it will help me a lot.

For the curiosity I'll look further for a full automatic solution.

I wrote a good reply to this and then the site logged me out. The abbreviated version:

Set your UCS to PLAN so that the XandY are perfectly horizontal and vertical. TORIENT set to zero will make them flat.

If you don't wanna keep flicking your UCS back and forth then make a button in CUI with the macro ^C^CTORIENT;-48.2; or whatever angle you require and then just select a block and hit the button.

• 7 months later...