Macro or LISP - select all layouts & publish

mikekmx

Hi All,

Could someone kindly provide me with a macro or LISP program to select all layouts & publish all of them please?

i'm looking for 1 click to publish all layouts of the 'active' drawing....

It'll save some time & hassle.

Edited by mikekmx

thanks for the help, but publish in 2007 doesn't seem to have all the options available in later versions....afaik i have to:

right click any layout

select 'select all layouts'

hover over any layout tab

right click again

select 'publish all layouts'

...wait a long while if it's a big file....

click 'OK'

looking at the links, they seem to plot all layouts in all open drawings..... if i could record a macro, i would do the steps above and ensure it was only for the active drawing (IE the one i'm looking at).

sorry, but i can hack some languages and load LISPs etc, but writing/modding LISP is mostly beyond me. i'm just looking for 1 click and walk away.

If you initiate the publish command (there's a button for it somewhere or you can create one of your own), it loads all the layouts in the active file. For the first time run, you will have to adjust the settings within publisher so that it does not automatically load model space. If you have the required page set-ups current for all of the layouts, you will be able to plot all of them with just a couple clicks, one to initiate publisher and one to plot all the layouts.

Mikekmx what I posted is one click and only for the current dwg if you have multiple dwgs you will have to run it multiple times, the macro, I have it in a pull down menu which is [PlotPdf]^c^c^p(load "plotpdf") and like I posted the 2nd one is for a range of layouts plot 15-17 etc

If you download the code just save it to a plotwhat.lsp, looking inside you will see the name of the printer the size of the window for picking the title block all you have to do is change these values. We are here to help if you get stuck.

The reason for me to use a lisp is like Robdraw says a couple of clicks if using publish, I now want A1, no A3, no in colour, pdf, tiff all these are there for us 1 click publish takes a bit longer.

Plot menu.jpg

i can hack some languages and load LISPs etc, but writing/modding LISP is mostly beyond me. i'm just looking for 1 click and walk away.

BIGAL's lisps will need some modifying to work in your particular system but appear to be able to give you what you are looking for.

Publish will give you close to what you want, once you figure out how to use it.

Choose your poison.

Theres lots of example of auto plotting here they all work the same way you basicly need to change about 3 things in the code for it to work

(COMMAND "-PLOT"  "Y"  "" "dwg to Pdf"
       "Iso full bleed A3 (420.00 x 297.00 MM)" "m"    "LANDSCAPE"  "N"   "W"  "[color=red]-x,-ylowerleft[/color]"    "[color=red]x,yupperright[/color]" "1=2"  "C"
       "y"   "[color=red]Your.ctb[/color]" "Y" "n"    "n"    "n"   pdfName "N" "y"      )
   )