copy paste problem

Hi,

i got a problem with line not correctly in the drawing when i copy and paste to another drawing, here with attached the drawings pls. Check it and replay

thanks..

Q2.jpg

Q1.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• arunz

• eldon

• ReMark

• gazza_au

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You said "should". I take it you did not verify that condition?

What layer is the linework on that is missing when you paste the copied objects into your drawing? Does that layer exist in both drawings?

Wow, ReMark, you're good! How do you even know which line he's talking about?

What exactly are you copying and pasting? Are any Blocks involved?

You don't see any difference between the two images? I'd let you borrow my glasses but I am blind in one eye so I really do need them.

If your talking about the centerlines on the pipes go and look at the linetype scale settings and change them, then regen the drawing.

If your talking about the centerlines on the pipes go and look at the linetype scale settings and change them, then regen the drawing.

Beat me to it. I was gonna say check your line types I've had this happen before where I didn't have the line types loaded. I know it's same as saying I caught a fish that was this big but it got away.

dear all,

here with attach the cad drawings which I was copy(dr file name)the drawing to paste(ac-1 file name) I got the problem with which I cloud in the drawing(ac-1)

(sorry, I don't know how to explain that that's y I attach the drawing here so, pls. give a solution )

Thank you..

dr.dwg

ac-1.dwg

Your problem is revealed by the UCS icon.

In the ac drawing, the icon only shows X and Y.

In the drainage drawing, the icon shows X, Y and Z. So you are not in a true plan view.

One way of getting there is to take a Top view, or type Plan at the command line and take the World option.

Your copy base point is being confused because you have 3D entities in the drawing, but are not in a true vertical plan.

Dear Mr.Elden I did that but now also no more changes, you did your self you got the solution for correct.. ? if not can you do pls...

Both your drawings are not 2D only. There are lines which start at z value of zero, and end up with a z value of 1730, and other lines which are not all at z = 0.00.

First of all, you would be well advised to make sure that both drawings are in a recognised plane, and then FLATTEN both drawings.

I did not try and copy between the drawings, I merely noticed that one drawing was not horizontal, which would give unexpected results if you are copying between drawings. For example, the blocks of the pipe junctions are at level zero, but the pipe that they should be joining to is at z level of 8009, and is not vertically above it.

Once you have everything at a z value of 0, you can align pipe runs properly.

I m using AutoCAD LT 2014 I can't to use Flatten commend , I was try to do which u gave the link . still I didn't get my solution..

As you are using LT and can't draw in 3D, you should go to the source of the drainage drawing and request a 2D drawing.

Your problem is that the drainage drawing is not on a horizontal plane, and whoever drew the pipe connections and the pipes was not drawing them vertically above each other.

When you copied from the drainage drawing and then pasted into the other drawing, the objects became vertical and revealed how badly they were drawn in the first place, as you can see in the picture

I have attempted to flatten your posted drawing dr.dwg, but was forced to explode some blocks which were in 3D and so could not be flattened in the ordinary way, (and also trim it down a bit to get in the forum limit).

But do go to where you got the drawing, and request a drawing suitable for LT. It should not be your problem to fix.

dr-flattened.JPG

dr-flat2.dwg

Edited by eldon
better flattened file - not so many blocks exploded