• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• egytopp

• tzframpton

• JD Mather

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dimensions (text) should never be obscured. (if you set your print preview to monochrome - it will be more obvious)

Obscured dimensions.jpg

There should be about 1/16 gap between the ends of extension lines and object lines.

You have not assigned proper line weight to your layers.

Thank you for your important notes .

"There should be about 1/16 gap between the ends of extension lines and object lines." do you mean The break Size??

about line weight i left it as default .

I also need to know how long should it talk to finish that draw??

Thank you for your important notes .

"There should be about 1/16 gap between the ends of extension lines and object lines." do you mean The break Size??

about line weight i left it as default .

I also need to know how long should it talk to finish that draw??

Type DIMSTYLE at the commandline and hit Enter.

Then click on MODIFY.

Then on the LINES tab, look at the image.

I work in mms, so this will have different values when you are using inches.

After you set the new value, click OK at the bottom of the dimstyle manager dialog box.

dim style offset from origin.JPG

Welcome to the forum. There are millions of articles and tutorials on line. You'll learn by doing these tutorials and practice, practice, practice.

Your drawing has many inconsistencies and what doesn't help is the poor design of the house. I would not download anything else from the website where you found this design.

Overall dimensions for the house and windows go on the outside of the house not the inside and certainly not right on top of something like a window or a wall. Dimensions should be readable.

Obviously room dimensions are placed inside the house.

Some of the objects drawn in blue are scaled incorrectly. Do you know what a block is?

As someone who is new to CAD I would not concern myself with how long it takes to create a drawing like this. I would concentrate on improving my CAD drafting skills first. As you progress the time it takes to create a drawing will slowly start to decrease.

If you really want a full critique of this drawing I can give you one but I can promise you that it won't be pretty and there will be other forum members who will take me to task for doing it.

Are you a student?

Where are you located?

Are architectural drawings your main field of interest?

Will you be drawing in imperial units all the time?

Thank you for all your notes.

Yes I am student.

Iam in Egypt.

Iam intersted in architectural.

Here main units are metric but I try to practice with any project I can find.

Thank you again

I'd stick to units that you are familiar with and I would recommend using the acadiso.dwt whenever you create a new drawing.

I would also recommend going to your local library and finding a book about architectural drafting and design as that would provide with much good information about creating such things as foundation plans, floor plans, roofing plans, elevations, sections, details, along with door and window schedules.

Do you know what a block is?

Yes I made blocks for the same dimensions windows and doors.some doors and windows are unique so I did not need to make it block

Here is My second project. AndPlease tell me how to make my drawing better. Please give me your comments on my drawing.

2nd try.dwg

Edited by egytopp

Your dimensions appear to be too small and there are no extension lines.

I'm not so sure that the drawing is dimensioned correctly.

Did you download this design or come up with it on your own?

The drawing is not finished.

-Where are your dimension extension lines?

-Continuous dimensions generally line up with each other. Not all of yours do.

-The dimension text and arrowheads need to be bigger.

-There does not appear to be any way to get into the sitting room except through a window.

-A few of your walls are not hatched.

-Two lines representing walls that should be on layer "Walls" are on a layer called "Dashed" instead. It is difficult to notice because both layers are color red.

-Some of your interior wall widths are inconsistent. I found some are 230 while others are 150.

-Most of your hatching for the walls and floor appear to be on the layer "var and stai" yet you have both a layer "Hatch walls" and "Hatch floor".

-It is not a "gust" room it is a "guest" room. Gust is a term used to describe wind.

-You should include both a window and door schedule.

-When space is tight you can call out the overall rough dimensions of the interior rooms and show them under the room label.

Do you know what a paper space layout is used for?

Are you familiar with viewports as they are used in a layout?

Do you know what annotative scaling is when it comes to text and dimensions?

You should go to the library, or a book store, and find a book about architectural design/drafting. There should be at least one chapter that explains how to create a floor plan and show you how to dimension it correctly.

Will you be drawing the four elevations of the house as well?

Are you taking an AutoCAD class?

Remember the link I gave you yesterday via a private message? There is a tutorial (Ch. 2) about drawing a first floor plan. Take a hour or two and go through the entire tutorial. You would benefit from doing so.

Edited by ReMark

I have attached a metric floor plan you can practice your dimensioning on. It was created and saved in AutoCAD 2000 file format so you should have no trouble opening it. The only thing I don't like about it is the fact the windows are not blocks but the doors are. Have fun.

Metric floor plan.dwg