Polyline Plot settings - "single line set to non polylines to plot thick"

FIFTHTEXAS

hi

can anyone tell me how to change settings in plot settings

my single lines are coming out thicker than my polylines when i plot

they are fine on my screen, but when i plot it is opposite to what i require

seems my ssettings are set to non-polylines to plot thick.

how can i change settings?

much appreciated

The screen display does not display line width as it will plot, except in plot preview.

Check your lineweight width setting, either in layer properties or object properties. If object properties lineweight is set to By Layer then the lineweight is controlled by the layer property. If the object property lineweight is not set to By Layer, then that specific object lineweight is plotted at that specific width.

i have had this happen to me a few times now and baffled why i keep getting this.

for example

i have created a block., a diffuser set on layer 0, i have made outline of diffuser in bold using polyline

at 10 mm width, then using and single line at default.

everything looks fine, until i come to print preview

then i get the opposite, the polyline is thin and the single line is thick. why is this happening

how do i change the setting.

i have checked all width settings in my layer manger and they are on default. rest of drawing is ok

can you advise please, many thanks

Educate yourself on plot styles and pen settings. There is probably a tutorial here and many more guides on the internet. Come back with anything specific that you might have questions about.

Just another guess, when plotting, uncheck the Scale lineweights option at the lower middle portion of the plot dialog box.

i have had this happen to me a few times now and baffled why i keep getting this.

for example

i have created a block., a diffuser set on layer 0, i have made outline of diffuser in bold using polyline

at 10 mm width, then using and single line at default.

everything looks fine, until i come to print preview

then i get the opposite, the polyline is thin and the single line is thick. why is this happening

how do i change the setting.

i have checked all width settings in my layer manger and they are on default. rest of drawing is ok

can you advise please, many thanks

We need to stick to AutoCad terminology. Also, is this a 3D drawing or 2D? There are a number of ways to control the printed width of a line or polyline. First is the property control "lineweight", is that what you are referring to?

Can you make a drawing with just this block in it and attach it here for us to look at? Make sure the drawing has ALL the template values of your working drawing. Just make a copy under another name and erase everything but the block.