Break Lines at multiple locations & then insert footage of line

ORgrown

AutoCAD Map5

Hoping for a routine (or two or three) that will:

1. Convert all Lines/LWPOLYLINES/etc to Plines (no object data on the layers I need converted)

2. BREAK each Pline at the Insertion points of EVERY instance of two different blocks that are inserted along the lines.

3. Insert TEXT or MText (ROMANS 8' on layer FTGS) for each PLINE (actual footage) - ROTATED parallel to line & ~7' to one side of the line (at this point I can see I'll have to edit to move a number of footages to the opposite side of a line, but better than a prompt to place each footage when I have over 2500 instances).

Ultimately, I need exact footages captured between each of the different blocks (S-Vaults & S-Handholes only - NOT S-UGTic). Many of the lines run through these blocks without breaking. Lines should not break at S-UGTic blocks.

Sample DWG attached. My sample will already show footages, but I'm finding they are not always accurate - being as little as 1' off to over 100' off. Because not all the lines are broken, I don't know how the footages were determined...

Drawing2.dwg

Please let me know if you have any other ideas, suggestions, reality checks...My deepest appreciation for what you guys do with LiSP!

Hi asos2000,

the link is requiring me to register on The Swamp. After 4 attempts at typing/reading their text string, it gives me an error and tells me to contact Administrator...which I did not find on their home page.

I do have access to the website, so I'll attempt to do a forum search.

Thank you for replying.

You might what to try the swamp again, the server was being swapped yesterday, with some things still happening today.

Give them a couple of days to iron all the kinks with the new server....

You might what to try the swamp again, the server was being swapped yesterday, with some things still happening today.

Give them a couple of days to iron all the kinks with the new server....

Mark @ The Swamp is still having problems with registration looks like...I can't get in.

He's got the link and will try to find what you were trying to share.

In the meantime, manually breaking at each block's insertion point is my foreseeable future!

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

Hi zaphod,

I did review the thread you suggested. Came out of it with a couple of nice routines, but not what I was looking for. A colleague of mine actually wrote something that did the trick at that time for that project. Thank you for your suggestion. My apologies for the delay in thanking you!