reset scale 40 feet eq 1.7 inches

All that background trash, blue & red hash marks, is actually a watermark placed in the drawing by the free product that was used to create it. Cheap at half the price.:lol:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• RobDraw

• lortech

• nestly

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The scale factor is 768, to get back to full size in modelspace. Somebody reduced the pdf to 8 1/2 x 11 when generating it. That's why the pdf converted to a drawing in modelspace that is so small, it's 8 1/2" by 11" in size. Why do they do that? :facepalm: It's a pdf, not a piece of paper. Anyway, once scaled back up to full size, it will fit on an Arch D 36 x 24 page, in a viewport scaled to 1/32" = 1'-0". a lot of the megabytes are coming from all those polylines making up the text that is not text any longer.

Indoobitably not, on many levels. Never mind that almost none of the vectors are straight lines. I have people sending me pdf's full of field measurements and things that I need to know. They take a 24 x 36 hard copy to the site, write on it in pidgin chicken (I made up that language), scan it at a local Kinko's or something and they tell them to email it to me in a letter size (raster, of course) pdf. :shock: When I try to zoom in to see what's on it or enlarge it to print it out, the resolution is so bad the whole exercise is rendered futile.

Ok so this thread has gone off the rails I guess, crashed and burst into flames. It should be clear at this point that this drawing was a map that was on a 8 1/2 X 11 that the OP or somebody else scanned in with their $89 wireless do it all printer. To even think that you could get something useful from this is foolish. Since this is a mall there has to be a set of prints in the maintenance office. Pull out the scale and start in.