Turning object snap on/off within a macro.

Mirkin

Cheers for all the advice.

I think I'll use osmode in my macro for now.

I have a few more questions.

1. Is there a way to switch between osnap and gridsnap while a command is active (move for example)

2. If I load the lisp routine into autocad using appload is it there forever or do I have to load it on each start?

Thanks again for the help.

This Macro will do it: 'setvar;gridmode;$M=$(if,$(and,16384,$(getvar,osmode)),0,1);^F

DIESEL works best for macros. Using lisp in a macro can cause issues if you use them while another lisp is running.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mirkin

• ReMark

• tombu

• YZ

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the reply

I tried what you posted but it doesn't seem to work quite how I would like.

It turns object snap on and off but doesn't toggle grid snap, it just turns the grid on and off.

Maybe I need two commands, one to go one way and one to go the other.

Thanks for the reply

I tried what you posted but it doesn't seem to work quite how I would like.

It turns object snap on and off but doesn't toggle grid snap, it just turns the grid on and off.

Maybe I need two commands, one to go one way and one to go the other.

A space appears to be in osmode in the macro I posted, you need to remove it. Sorry, I'm not as familiar with posting code on this site. The DIESEL part sets gridmode the same as osmode, then the ^F toggles osmode so when osnaps are on gridmode is off and when osnaps are off gridmode is on.

Hi Again

Yes I noticed the space and removed it.

As I said it turns grid mode on but doesn't actually turn grid snap on.

It's still a lot better than what I have but the final step would be great if you could manage it, because I'm clueless :)

Hi Again

Yes I noticed the space and removed it.

As I said it turns grid mode on but doesn't actually turn grid snap on.

It's still a lot better than what I have but the final step would be great if you could manage it, because I'm clueless :)

It only toggles gridmode off/on. You have to already have grid display options set in the drawing. Using ddrmodes I checked 2D model space under Grid style. I've never used grid, but this turns the display off/on. Was it the Snap you wanted on/off?

Hi Tombu

I never usually use grid mode myself but we have a very old fashioned guy at our place and unfortunately he insists on a lot of the drawings being on a grid. I have no idea why.

This is why I need this command. I want to be able to quickly move things onto the grid when I forget to turn it on lol.

So ideally one click of the button will turn all OSnaps ON then turn gridmode + gridsnap OFF.

Clicking again would turn Osnaps OFF and then gridmode + gridsnap on.

If it's a real pain don't worry about it.

Try this:

'setvar;gridmode;$M=$(if,$(and,16384,$(getvar,osmode)),0,1);'setvar;snapmode;$M=$(if,$(and,16384,$(getvar,osmode)),0,1);^F

Gotta take that space out again…