Closed Property Boundary with angles

BradLambier

Hello,

I have a question pertaining to drawing a closed property line with angles between two lines.

I have included a photo for further clarification. The length of each line are not included, but I want to know how to accurately redraw this property boundary.

Thank you very much:)

photo.jpg

It is not possible to accurately redraw this boundary without the lengths of the lines. If just one line is the wrong length, it will not close at the final corner.

Sorry, my bad. Should have known better. How about something like this? I included a photo. I would like to know how to accurately redraw this boundary with the specific angles.

Thanks for your help,

photo(1).jpg

OK, that is better. One can get away with breaking rules, but the rules of geometry ain't the bunch to mess with. :lol:

I see it is not a particular boundary, but the methodology that is the issue. By the way, in what part of the world are property lines set out that way? Usually one needs to know the angle (bearing) of the property line relative to North, rather than relative to each other. On the ground, the property in your images can be placed in any random orientation to North.

Well, it's almost bedtime here in Central Florida, and I haven't had dinner yet, This could take a bit of typing if you don't already know how to enter line length and angle of line, so I am afraid I will have to wait until tomorrow. Perhaps a forum member in a different time zone will step in.

It's easy but hard also, I know a way, pretty sure you can draw a line following on from last line angle then just rotate obviously last line is not entered as "mis close" will most times occur.

I would start by drawing 1st line horizontal, I had a go trying to work out next angle ang1+ang2-180 etc but got lost.

It would seem that this is a paper exercise, because the angles are to the nearest degree, whilst the distances are to four places of decimals. That is how the default AutoCAD is out of the box.

When confronted with such an exercise, I draw up one line to the length. Then, with polar tracking on and set to relative to last segment, I draw the next length starting by snapping to the endpoint of the first line. Draw this next line back along the line towards the initial point (polar tracking allows perfect alignment) and enter the length, and then rotate this line, about the endpoint, by the angle shown. This way, you do not have to add up successive angles to get the bearing of the next line. It may appear slow at first, but it does have the advantage of drawing everything using the preciseness of polar tracking and without adding angles.

I reckon that this exercise (not aided by the almost illegible figures) does not close to about 0.2824 units.