How can I upload a pdf into autocad as a background?

prime333

i just use the snapshot tool in acrobat reader & control+V to paste into AutoCAD.

NB you can change the resolution of the acrobat reader snapshot tool in Edit>Preferences>General

I prefer saving a RASTER PDF as a PNG file in photoshop and then IMAGEATTACH.

Or, insert OLE object "Create from File" and use the png.

Of course there is still the scaling issue.

I prefer saving a RASTER PDF as a PNG file in photoshop and then IMAGEATTACH.

Or, insert OLE object "Create from File" and use the png.

Of course there is still the scaling issue.

If it is a vector PDF you can actually use object snapping ;)

Ok I was able to upload the pdf into Autocad. Now I have a follow up question. How would I total the distance of multiple separate distances?

For example using the measure command I can get the distance of a line. Furthermore I could use the distance command to get the distance of another line. How would I go about using Autocad so that I can get the TOTAL of multiple separate lines?

Ok I was able to upload the pdf into Autocad. Now I have a follow up question. How would I total the distance of multiple separate distances?

For example using the measure command I can get the distance of a line. Furthermore I could use the distance command to get the distance of another line. How would I go about using Autocad so that I can get the TOTAL of multiple separate lines?

You should probably post that question in a separate thread with a new title, since the function takes place in AutoCad whether it is in an attached file or not. More people will see and respond that way.