Calling Lisp routine from within another

broncos15

I have a question about calling a lisp routine from within another lisp I am creating. I know from searching the forums that I can use either the (c:lisproutinename) or from looking at Lee Mac's lisp routines, using the defun LM. My difficulty is getting the my lisp routine to run the other lisp routine and fill in what the user would typically have to. I am trying to create a cleaner command and part of it would set all the block internal components to layer 0. Using a previously made lisp routine for the setting block internal components to layer 0, I have created the following but it is not working properly and I know it has to do with how I am calling the lisp:

(setq sel5 (ssget "X" '((0 . "BLOCK"))))
(c:blockchangeentitiestolayer0 sel5 "")

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tharwat

• broncos15

• satishrajdev

• BIGAL

Top Posters In This Topic

post your routine here which you want to use...So can check it's variables.

OR

try this once

(command "blockchangeentitiestolayer0" sel5 "")

The issue with using the command function is that it doesn't work for lisp routines. Would the command function work if I included the code for changing the blocks to layer 0 as a routine before starting my new lisp routine?

When you have a prefix C: with your program , it means that this program is to run without any arguments , and it is stand alone program . But when you need to feed any arguments , you should call it without the previous said prefix C: like this (blockchangeentitiestolayer0 sel5 "").

When you have a prefix C: with your program , it means that this program is to run without any arguments , and it is stand alone program . But when you need to feed any arguments , you should call it without the previous said prefix C: like this (blockchangeentitiestolayer0 sel5 "").

I wasn't really aware of this...

thankx Tharwat

That is really useful to know. Thank you for the information!

So I actually added this to my code, and I get error: no function definition: BLOCKCHANGEENTITIESTOLAYER0. I checked with a few other lisp routines I have loaded and they each have this error when calling them the way that you said. Thank you so much for the help by the way!

Can you post the codes or at least the first part of the codes ?

So the portion of my new lisp routine is:

(setq sel5 (ssget "X" '((0 . "BLOCK"))))
(BLOCKCHANGEENTITIESTOLAYER0 sel5 "")

The BLOCKCHANGEENTITIESTOLAYER0 works by allowing the user to select what blocks they want to change to layer 0. That's why I am trying to fill in what the user would select by adding the sel5 variable.

Why don't you use the command setbylayer instead ?

I just want the internal components of the block to be on layer zero, but the actual block to stay on its current layer. I'm sorry for all the questions about this. Would defining the blockchangeentitiestolayer0 as a command within the lisp such as defun:LM work better in this case, so that I could then call it using the normal (command) function?

(setq sel5 (ssget "X" '((0 . [color=red]"BLOCK"[/color]))))

The Block here is wrong because the block word is used for table block and the block objects are called block definitions and it takes the name of INSERT when it is being inserted into a drawing , so change that to INSERT to be able to select blocks.

Post the codes for your function (BLOCKCHANGEENTITIESTOLAYER0) to allow me to modify it to be able to use it as per your first example.

Tharwat, thank you so much for your willingness to help, and that your information about INSERT vs BLOCK is good to know. Unfortunately, The code isn't mine so I can't share it. Thanks again!

I am happy to help .

Here is an old lisp of mine and I just modified it to suit your needs and the program can change Normal / Attributed Blocks and objects as well .

(defun BLOCKCHANGEENTITIESTOLAYER0  (ss / attribute b blk layer i lst name obj sn ss do)
;;            Tharwat 01. June. 2012                 ;;
;;              This peice of code is to move all           ;;
;;  selected objects (Blocks / Attribted Block / Objects) to layer "0"  ;;
 (if (not acdoc)
   (setq acdoc (vla-get-activedocument (vlax-get-acad-object)))
 )
 (if (and ss (setq layer "0"))
   (progn
     (vla-startundomark acdoc)
     (repeat (setq i (sslength ss))
       (setq obj (vlax-ename->vla-object
                   (setq sn (ssname ss (setq i (1- i))))
                 )
       )
       (cond
         ((eq (cdr (assoc 66 (entget sn))) 1)
          (progn
            (if (not (member (vla-get-effectivename obj) do))
              (setq do (cons (vla-get-effectivename obj) do))
            )
            (vlax-for block (setq b (vla-item (vla-get-blocks acdoc)
                                              (vla-get-effectivename obj)
                                    )
                            )
              (vlax-for x b (vla-put-layer x layer))
            )
            (foreach attribute (vlax-invoke obj 'Getattributes)
              (vla-put-layer attribute layer)
            )
          )
         )
         ((and (eq (cdr (assoc 0 (entget sn))) "INSERT")
               (not (member (vla-get-effectivename obj) lst))
          )
          (progn
            (setq lst (cons (vla-get-effectivename obj) lst))
            (vlax-for block
                      (setq blk (vla-item (vla-get-blocks acdoc)
                                          (vla-get-effectivename obj)
                                )
                      )
              (if (eq :vlax-false (vla-get-isXref blk))
                (vlax-for x blk
                  (if
                    (not
                      (eq "AcDbBlockReference" (vla-get-objectname x))
                    )
                     (vla-put-layer x layer)
                  )
                )
              )
            )
          )
         )
         (t (vla-put-layer obj layer))
       )
     )
     (if do
       (mapcar '(lambda (name)
                  (vl-cmdf "_.attsync" "_name" name "")
                )
               do
       )
     )
     (vla-regen acdoc acAllViewports)
     (vla-endundomark acdoc)
   )
   (princ)
 )
 (princ)
)
(vl-load-com)

To select only Normal Blocks:

(BLOCKCHANGEENTITIESTOLAYER0 (ssget "_:L" '((0 . "INSERT"))))

To Select only Attributed Blocks:

(BLOCKCHANGEENTITIESTOLAYER0 (ssget "_:L" '((0 . "INSERT")(66 . 1))))

To select objects in general including blocks :

(BLOCKCHANGEENTITIESTOLAYER0 (ssget "_:L" ))

Edited by Tharwat

Tharwat, thank you so much for posting that code it is super useful plus educational to look through how it all works. If I am going to use your routine as part of a larger routine that will do some other drawing cleaning, do you suggest calling it using the method you said earlier or simply using the code within my larger code set?

do you suggest calling it using the method you said earlier or simply using the code within my larger code set?

I have no idea about your codes , so I can not give you any advise in this regard and that's why I did ask you before about posting the codes and anyway it is up to you to use the one the it does help you as per your needs and requirements of course and it does not matter the method you use but the one that it helps.

Good luck.