Thawing Layers that are Viewport Frozen

MillerMG

Hello All,

I have looked around a little bit and haven't been able to find the answer I am looking for. I know commands like LAYTHW AND LAYON. I also used the info from "Michael's Corner" latest post. Everything is turned on and everything is thawed. However, it does not thaw layers that are labeled as VP Freeze. Instead of going to the layer properties manager, select all, and thawing the layers that are frozen in the view port freeze, is there a way to thaw all of them with a simple command or a button that is already created or one that I can make in the CUI? As always, any and all comments are appreciated. I have a feeling ReMark, BlackBox, BIGAL may have some insight in to this, or at least point me in the right direction.

I have not been able to find anything that does this. Since you would have to go to the trouble of activating the viewport, it's just another couple of steps to thaw the layers. You can sort the VPFrozen layers by clicking on the header making them easy to pick and thaw.

So this is the method that I used to thaw all the layers. Running a LISP. Running this will allow you to thaw all the layers in the current viewport or all of them. This is the text for it:

This will do that in all Viewports in all Layouts in the drawing, and return you to the Layout you were in when you started:

(setq clayout (getvar 'ctab))

(foreach layout (layoutlist)

(setvar 'ctab layout)

(command "_.vplayer" "_thaw" "*" "_all" "")

)

(setvar 'ctab clayout)

The (command) line only above will do it in all Viewports in the current Layout only. This will do it in the current Viewport only, if you're in one:

(command "_.vplayer" "_thaw" "*" "" "")

I got this from another forum on autodesk's site.

There's an option to "Thaw layer in all viewports":

Open the layers properties box and find the layer you want to change.

Right click on it.

The bottom option of the third section down is "VP Thaw layer in all viewports"

dJE

Right on! I wasn't able to find any commands that would do this either. Andrew, was your LISP anywhere close to the one that I posted?

Just curious

Right on! I wasn't able to find any commands that would do this either. Andrew, was your LISP anywhere close to the one that I posted?

Just curious

My LISP was a lot more basic than the main one you have and only used if you were inside a viewport already.

You already wrote that bit out.

(command "_.vplayer" "_thaw" "*" "" "")

I also made some with specific variations for certain layer names to get thawed or frozen to suit a type of plan I was creating.