Jump to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. Laptop is Lenovo Yoga Pro 7 14IRH8.
  3. PDF options: please see snapshot. Windows 11 Home - 10.0.26200 Nope, AutoCAD LT 2025.
  4. What do your PDF options look like? What do your plot settings look like? Windows version? Are you using AutoCAD LT 2014?
  5. Today
  6. asos2000

    Batch Find & Replace Text

    First of all, Thaks for your codes which helps in Bfind i can double click on entity for editing suggestion is" to add check box to save as a new entry
  7. Yesterday
  8. CyberAngel

    ucs and drawing problem

    If that green line is the Y axis, it's not part of your drawing, it's part of the environment. Where and how it appears will depend on the local settings. That's probably why it looks different when you reopen the drawing. If you need that axis as part of your drawing, consider drawing a line there. At least then it will become part of the extents.
  9. I was mainly thinking of SECTIONPLANE as a quick way to inspect a 3D model interactively. I wasn't considering the other section workflows such as SECTION, SOLVIEW, and VIEWBASE. Thanks for pointing that out — there are clearly several ways to approach sections depending on the drawing workflow.
  10. I use SOLIDEDIT tools, they work well for what AutoCAD actually is to be used for. There are lots of 3D modelling software and 3D CAD that is better at handling 3D model changes, but they all have pretty good learning curves.
  11. If you create the proper 2D views and provide all of the pertinent dimensions, any issues should come to light at that point. I usually double check the 3D model with actual Dimensions as well, often set to 8 decimal places as I am modelling. Sometimes (MEA)SUREGEOM is quite handy.
  12. It was meant more as a polite unofficial warning than a "point' or feedback. Pertaining to "point", that brings up the question, what is your point in these posts? Asking a lot of questions, then not responding to those who have engaged the issue is generally seen as disrespectful and discourteous.
  13. An image might help.
  14. Can you provide such a case? FILLETEDGE and FILLET seem to act as expected as best I have noticed, barring a mistake by the user. CHAMFER seems to make weird corners at times, but with both, you just need a logical selection order and learn to use LOOP and CHAIN options.
  15. SLW210

    ucs and drawing problem

    Just post the drawing and people can stop guessing.
  16. Do you have actual statistics on whether beginners use this feature very often? I actually used it a lot more long ago when I had a different type of work load, these days I don't need it as much. You can create a hatched section for your detail with SOLVIEW and VIEWBASE, so I am not so sure too many are drawing these manually. There is also SECTION.
  17. One useful feature I don't see beginners using very often is SECTIONPLANE . Instead of manually drawing the internal edges of a 3D part, you can place a section plane through the model and use Live Section to inspect the inside. You can then generate a section block from the result for use in a drawing. I find this especially useful when checking what is actually inside a complicated 3D model before creating the final 2D documentation.
  18. Last week
  19. @SLW210 yes lots of posts maybe need a "How do you" sub section. Maybe all posts should be in the "Autocad Beginners Area".
  20. BIGAL

    ucs and drawing problem

    Maybe this UCSORG set origin point to say a object point. UCSICON ON will display corner icon for current UCS.
  21. You're so welcome! It’s one of those things where having a few different workflows in your back pocket makes a huge difference, especially when a Boolean operation doesn't quite give you what you expected.
  22. Yeah ! but I was referring more to cases where the operation still fails despite adjusting the radius, particularly around complex geometry. I also see your point about using FILLET for regular edges. Thanks for the clarification.
  23. I understand your point. I can see that my posts have been repetitive in style, and I apologise for that. I'll take more care to contribute genuine experiences and useful technical information rather than creating similar discussions. Thank you for the feedback.
  24. I apologize for this and I can see how my repeated posts have come across as repetitive and spam-like. That wasn't my intention, but I understand the concern. I'll stop creating new threads for now and be much more careful about checking existing discussions before posting again. and thanks for pointing this out.
  25. Before sharing a model, I find it useful to check critical dimensions with MEASUREGEOM, inspect the part from multiple views, and verify that the geometry is suitable for the intended process. A visual check alone may not catch every issue. What checks do you normally perform before releasing a 3D model for manufacturing?
  26. Using the folding grip in notepad++ does work. However you cannot select that way on any line, only the one with a grip. So the AHK routine, does not break any of the native N++ shortcuts and let you highlight any code or portion of code as long as it is between brackets. (Brackets ( ), { }, [ ] ) ymg
  27. Paul Li

    ucs and drawing problem

    Looks like your 1st dwg might not be in plan and 2d wire view. Try this sequence of command: _.VSCURRENT 2 _.Plan _W
  28. This looks amazing! Thank you so much! I did notice a couple random multi-line blocks were placed on the 1st line, but other than that this is amazing!
  29. LIU

    ucs and drawing problem

    that is green line , after zoom Extents application , this shows away from ucs ( y-axis ). what to do to solve it ?
  1. Load more activity
×
×
  • Create New...