Cuix Behaving Like Read Only

mdbdesign

Something wrong is happening with my customized cuix on AutoCad 2010.

Im not using it (AutoCad 2010) to full production jet but try to set up exactly like my 2002 - toolbars, icon locational, all command, lisp routine etc. So far work OK and yesterday stop saving changes at all. I can do everything: change command , icon, save it till I hit apply button. Program reloading menu and everything go back to previous state like I leave it day before.

I got complete custom cuix. It looks like is updating because date on cuix file property is changing but not in Autocad.

So, what is you suggestion?

It get somehow something like: read only flu?:(

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mdbdesign

• ReMark

Since you don't know how to check then I doubt very much you would have inadvertently set it yourself. There must be something else going on here.

If you really want to check find the file and right-click on it. Select Properties. On the General tab look at the very bottom where it says Attributes. There is a box for Read Only and Hidden. Is there a checkmark in the Read Only box?

You do realize that if the file had its attribute set to Read Only you would have gotten a message to that affect when you tried to open the file, right?

Don't know jet how to check. It is new for me. You got idea how?

Sorry Mark, was thinking about some setting in cui itself, not file writing permission.

Autocad 2010 is new for me (little different than v10 to v2008. File is not read only. It is sitting within autocad search path together with all customization file, icones, lisp etc.

V2002 and v2008 got exactly same setting and is working but v2010 refuse.

It is not Enterprise CUIx.

I have editted the CUI in 2009 to make a custom Ribbon populated with my own tabs and panels but have not done so in 2010. I can't think of a setting within the CUI itself that would account for the problem you are experiencing but then I am not an expert when it comes to the CUI. Heck, I'm not an expert when it comes to anything. LOL

Will try tonight to repair it. Will see, But maybe before little abuse it. Who know maybe I find a way. Will keep you posted.

Heck, I'm not an expert when it comes to anything. LOL

Yeah, right.

Yes, it is in current workspace and it is not Enterprise CUIx file.

Hope it is not an Enterprise CUIx file i got empty path to it in options.

Ok, did repair and nothing change. Now, if I do reinstall, do I will go with activation again or it is save somewhere. Never reinstall Autocad above version 2002 and 2004. Or better contact someone ( I don't know who) - supplier or Autodesk?

I don't think you'll have a problem getting an authorization code. If you do you'll be instructed to contact AutoDesk directly.

Be careful with uninstalling your software. AutoDesk has a recommended procedure to ensure you do not miss anything.

I don't think you'll have a problem getting an authorization code.

Just remember hasle with Adobe Pro 7. Don't want to go again with Autodesk.

I think will try on weekend. Need lots of time to play with. And empty house.

Thanks Mark for guiding me.

Did it! I mind fix it .What I did is: unload my custom cuix - apply-OK and loaded again - apply - OK and now working like charm. Just little thing...

But before,:twisted: I print ReMark comment:

AutoDesk has a recommended procedure to ensure you do not miss anything.
and
Removing AutoDesk products to ensure a clean reinstallation
and stick it to monitor with Autocad open...

Now I am not so sure :unsure:which solution was the right one:)