Remove autocad educational stamp from all dwg in the folder

samifox

Hi

We receive too many dwg with the Remove autocad educational stamp, we use lots of tricks to get ride of this, but its time consuming.

Is there any too to batch Remove autocad educational stamp from all dwg in the folder?

Thanks

Shay

are these for production? if so tell the person who sent it that he should use a professional version if it is for commercial use.

Using EDU produced drawings for commercial purposes is a violation of the software license. You'll get no help from me especially in light of the fact that it's apparently a deliberate act, not the result of a careless mistake.

because most if not all moderator and admin as well as the members here are ethical.

you might miss the point of the post,

no one in my workflow is underdog company that use educetional eductional software, the problem is as i sespuct, a student work from home on his/her educetional softwere, compy/paste geometry, and in this why cuase mass infection among the drawing.

i didnt ask for a way to crack drawings nor to a tool to do that

just as pepole were asked how to solve that problem,

i have lots files that take helf day to clean

thanks

What you described is in fact illegal and unethical.

If you want to "solve" the problem, stop allowing people to create/edit commercial drawings with software that is licensed for Educational use only.

You are missing the point of the answers, it is up to you to ensure that drawings used by you are drawn with licenced software, if you discover that you are receiving drawings that are created with educational software then it is up to you (as a company) to find another source of drawings and NOT to try and 'fix' what you do get.

Obviously no one of the repliers had this kind of frustration before…

thanks all the same

I believe that if you update to AutoCAD 2015, you can remove the Educational Plot Stamp much more easily.

even autodesk understand that problem

thanks all the same

Yeah, it's such a hassle filing the serial numbers off of stolen merchandise. :roll:

Since TrueView 2010 (or soon after) you could not even Convert a drawing with the educational stamp, so I would be surprised if you could with 2015. I am sure someone will let us know.

However, AutoCAD 360 converts anything :D

thanks all the same

even autodesk understand that problem

Yeah right. Autodesk are changing tactics, they are not saying it is OK to use unlicensed software.

Yeah right. Autodesk are changing tactics, they are not saying it is OK to use unlicensed software.

It's still unclear whether 2015 has the ability to remove the EDU file designator, or just the plotstamp. If the latter, then it will still be possible to detect persons/companies are using EDU versions illegally.

the only buyable solution i can think off now is to solve that in-house (company) againts your counterpart the person whom sent you the drawings.

again the drawings you recvd were illegal in nature in the first place however i am not saying you've done wrong well anyway we havent encounter what you have experience and the company i am currently working does not allow that not to mention this is the #1 EPC company.

cheers.

It's still unclear whether 2015 has the ability to remove the EDU file designator, or just the plotstamp. If the latter, then it will still be possible to detect persons/companies are using EDU versions illegally.

I don't think it will make a difference in a couple of years. I can see that the program itself will only be available to use in 'the cloud' so you will have to register and login to be able to use it at all, your PC will just be a remote workstation, thats how all software is heading.

"Is there any too to batch Remove autocad educational stamp from all dwg in the folder?"

At one time this could be done only by contacting your authorized AutoDesk dealer. Call and ask but be prepared to answer a lot of embarrassing questions. The only other option would be to use a script.