Pen Plotter

Coosbaylumber

I have a pen plotter that works OK but on an older version of Acad. What I would like to do is contimue to use it, but then run it on ocasion in a more modern version of Acad.

The earlier software and hard drive already has a couple of drivers loaded up and going. ADI 4.1 and ADI 4.2 are going. I would like to use these same ones in a later edition of Acad, but which version, if feasible? I do not want to go through some converter, as the ink in the pens will dry up before the conversion is done, and the one I tried just takes off and goes, eliminating any parameters I installed.

Wm.

Download a windows driver from the manufacturers web site later version of autocad support windows printers If it HP compatible should be able to get one there.

Few years ago, I tried one of the WinPen Plotter drivers available from DownUnder. It did not work. Although the plotter was listed as working on their poop sheet, it would only go about three lines then go to idle for the alst ten minutes.

I am not set up for H-P here, and maybe this driver was tested on those ONLY. I installed the correct plug in module, etc. and contacted the company. They said it "Ought to Work" it had not actually been tried on all of the plotters listed, but saw no reason why it should not work then.

Thus I would like to use one of the older plotter drivers on an older plotter, for I know it works OK with them. Just need to know how modern of Acad it will still work with then.

Wm.

Plotter drivers are written by the manufacturer of the plotter for specific releases of software and updated every so often. At some point it becomes a waste of time and money to continue updating the driver for newer releases of the software. Support for those drivers drys up. That's when you have to go searching for third-party drivers to fill the gap. There are some generic drivers out there that claim to work with a multitude of plotters/printers but I cannot atest to how functional they are. I think it is a lot to ask of AutoCAD 2009 or 2010 to be able to print to a plotter that may have been popular in 1985 or whatever your particular senario might be. Which, by the way, is what? I know that somewhere you mentioned you're working with Release 14. What is the make/model and year of the plotter?